Staff Accountant - Development Accounting
Company: Welltower, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Welltower Inc. (NYSE: WELL), an S&P 500 company
headquartered in Toledo, Ohio, is driving the transformation of
healthcare infrastructure. With an enterprise value of over $40B,
Welltower is the world's largest healthcare real estate investment
trust (REIT). Concentrated in major, high-growth markets throughout
the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, Welltower
delivers the health care infrastructure necessary to facilitate
better treatment at lower costs and keep patients out of the
hospital. We provide real estate capital to leading seniors housing
operators, post-acute care providers, and health systems, enabling
these companies to grow, innovate, and ultimately provide better
care. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our
mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented,
performance-focused team of employees.
We are GROWING and looking to add a Staff Accountant to our
team! This role is primarily responsible for performing and
reviewing accounting and reporting-related duties for Welltower
development and construction projects.
- Perform accounting and financial reporting responsibilities in
the following functional areas: fixed assets, development loans,
capital expenditures, and development.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated financial statements,
related footnotes, MD&A and Non-GAAP disclosures for inclusion
in quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and company policies and
procedures, including compliance with identified internal
- Document processes and procedures and continually identify
opportunities for improvement and automation.
- Consistently perform in a manner that shows commitment,
results, and meets ongoing business needs, and promote a
collaborative team environment between Partnership Accounting and
other Accounting teams and various teams within the Business.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all internal customers
and maintain ongoing communication with a variety of stakeholders
to ensure accuracy of financial statements, and a complete
understanding of the financial reporting requirements.
- Develop individual skills as needed to ensure continued ability
to assist with key initiatives, projects, and process
- Monitor and reconcile assigned accounts. Maintain a complete
and accurate set of working papers for all assigned accounts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
The ideal candidate will exhibit:
- Strong team player with a focus towards customer service.
- Ability to self-motivate and work in a dynamic
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- A positive and professional attitude.
- The ability to problem-solve individually.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in
Minimum 3 years accounting experience preferably in real estate
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug
Welltower is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse
workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our
people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Keywords: Welltower, Inc, Toledo , Staff Accountant - Development Accounting, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!