RN / Registered Nurse - Med/Surg - Full Time - Days
Posted on: June 12, 2021
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital is a 25-bed, acute-care
Critical Access Hospital serving the residents of Fostoria and
surrounding communities. Patients at Fostoria Community Hospital
have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic, emergency and surgical
facilities, as well as general medical care and inpatient intensive
care. We are committed to providing our patients with convenient
access to compassionate care and the latest technological
advancements in medical care and treatment. Established in 1930,
ProMedica Fostoria Community Hospital has proudly cared for
generations of patients and families.
Job Roles/Essential Functions
- Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served (i.e.: infant,
pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) as written in the
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents outcomes
related to nursing diagnosis and patient care problems for each
patient. Collaborates with all members of the health care team to
promote a seamless patient care continuum. Coordinates patients
plan of care through effective shift-to-shift communication.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for
all patients and their significant other(s).
- Utilizes appropriate techniques necessary to control / prevent
- Employs critical thinking skills and sound judgment in all
aspects of care Initiates emergency care as necessary and maintains
BCLS and other certifications required by the job, i.e. ACLS
- Addresses patient/family education needs considering patient
level of comprehension, style of learning, and discharge
- Follows proper chain of command when issues/problems arise and
demonstrates appropriate follow-through
- Displays professionalism at all times and maintains patient
confidentiality. Lives out the LHA guiding principles and
commitment to co-workers and philosophy of care for the
- Stays current in field of specialty by actively participating
in continuing education and maintaining certifications and annual
- Actively participates in orienting new staff and contributes to
the growth of others.
- Must have active RN License. If issued a temporary Ohio license
under HB197, must pass NCLEX and obtain RN License in the state
that you are working in within 90 days of the State of Emergency
expiring or December 31, 2020, whichever comes first.
- Must be an RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing and
licensed to practice in the state of hire.
- BSN preferred.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals,
temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by
the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations;
and prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy
patients or equipment.
- Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling;
continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching;
frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
- Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated
healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more
information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , RN / Registered Nurse - Med/Surg - Full Time - Days, Other , Fostoria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!