MA / Medical Assistant - Pediatric Endocrine and Diabetes Care - Full Time - Days
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than
500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our
network is the region's most complete, with connections to leading
hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica
Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast
Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of
Functioning as a team member within a patient centric care
delivery model for high quality and service within the practice
setting. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through
multiple information technology platforms and applications. Renders
direct patient care services under supervision demonstrating
ProMedica's values to the patient.
- Reports for scheduled shifts on time and in a professional
manner with regard to behavior, telephone courtesy, dress,
identification, and communication with patients' colleagues, and
- Provides exemplary patient care within Physician Group
Practice. Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the patient,
expresses interest in their comfort, privacy and requests.
- Rooms patients: take vital signs, documenting and order entry
within the EPIC system, arranging and coordinating support and
ancillary services for patient care, preparing patient rooms for
visits, stocking exam rooms, preparing schedules, and providing
general support to the providers and patients
- Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function
tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
- Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to
clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards
and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety
- May support a variety of clerical functions that support office
function including calls, documentation, scanning, etc
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service
to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and
accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers
and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
- Supports internal and external customers, to maintain a
superior customer experience across the continuum of care through
teamwork. Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and
co-workers at all times. Actively participates and is engaged in
- Collaborates with leadership and other staff to recommend
changes to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of patient
- Performs other duties as assigned that support ProMedica's core
- Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
- Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving
outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and
superior patient experience.
- Able to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work
cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in the medical industry; including
both patient care or non-patient care roles
- BLS (CPR), must present a current BLS course card from the AHA
at time of employment
- Or obtain certification within 90 days of hire
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated
healthcare organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more
information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , MA / Medical Assistant - Pediatric Endocrine and Diabetes Care - Full Time - Days, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!