ANTICIPATED Autism Intervention Specialist (Moderate to Intensive preferred)
Company: Springfield Local School District
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Springfield Local Schools
ANNOUNCEMENT OF CERTIFICATED VACANCY
2021 - 2022 School Year
Title: ANTICIPATED Autism Intervention Specialist (Moderate to
Intensive preferred) - Crissey Elementary
This position will be the lead teacher in a cross categorical
resource room to focus on meeting the needs of our students with
Reports To: Principal
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Valid and appropriate teaching certificate/license from the
State of Ohio in special education.
- Recent teaching experience in a special education classroom or
- Record of good attendance and strong work ethic.
- Evidence of good moral character as established in section
3301-20-01 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
- Knowledge of Ohio's Learning Standards and best practice
- Knowledge of the updated Ohio Policies and Procedures for
- Ability and willingness to provide services to special
education students in multiple settings.
- Understanding of how students learn, student development and a
variety of effective strategies that promote learning with special
- Understanding of and commitment to technology-enhanced
- Ability to work with assistive technology, including
- Knowledge and experience with the ETR and IEP process
(assessment, goals, implementation, evaluation).
- Strong commitment to involve parents in the educational process
and willingness to hold after school parent education sessions on a
- Willingness to meet the needs of all students.
- Ability to communicate with students, parents, teachers,
counselors, and administrators.
- Willingness to work in school sponsored and school related
- Familiar with and able to implement ABA therapy.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues on a
Teacher Based Team to analyze student data, identify instructional
needs, develop units of study in an effort to promote student
- CPI Trained.
- Demonstrated ability to create a culturally sensitive
- Experience working with a culturally diverse student population
- Alternatives to the above qualifications that the Board of
Education may find appropriate.
Helps students to learn subject matter and skills, which will
lead toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual,
emotional, and psychological growth.
Directs and evaluates the learning experiences of the students
in activities sponsored by the school.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT SUBSTITUTE with Springfield Local Schools
on-line as an EXTERNAL candidate to be considered for this
opening, at www.springfield-schools.org.
Keywords: Springfield Local School District, Toledo , ANTICIPATED Autism Intervention Specialist (Moderate to Intensive preferred), Other , Holland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!