The Blade, a division of Block Communications Inc., has been
serving news to northwest Ohio and southeastern Michigan since 1835
and is the most trusted local news source. The Blade continues to
evolve and deliver credible, informative, and daily content both in
print and digital formats
We are looking for an energetic Digital Manager to join our
The Digital Manager reports directly to the Managing Editor and
is responsible for the following functions at The Blade:
* Oversee newsroom digital operations for breaking news site and
two news apps that focus on storytelling, videos, photos and
* Review analytics for all digital platforms and develop digital
strategies based on those analytics. Share analytic reports and
recommendations with staff.
* Develop daily and weekly story budgets as well as long term
digital content planning.
* Serve as newsroom point of contact for social media promotion
and advertising on digital offerings.
* Collaborate with other department managers to support overall
Company goals and objectives.
* Oversee and quality check publications on Blade digital
* Supervise newsroom staff, mainly those employees assigned to
the digital team, and manage the teams workflow to ensure work is
properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Staff can include reporters, videographers, photographers,
designers, and copy editors.
* Actively participate in designing a staffing plan and hiring
and training newsroom staff.
* Follow and enforce the Companys policies and procedures at all
* Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned in
support of business objectives.
Education and Experience
* Bachelors degree, preferably in journalism required
* 5 years of news experience, preferably on digital platforms
* 2 years of managerial/supervisory experience required
* Copy editing experience preferred
* Proficient in HTML 5, Google Analytics, and PhotoShop
* Knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat - required
* Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as
strong interpersonal skills;
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
* Ability to effectively manage and mentor staff;
* Display exceptional work ethic, time management, and
Apply online at www.toledoblade.com/careers
The Blade is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)