Registration Liaison - Registration
Company: University of Toledo
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Registration Liaison - Registration (Req 1568)
- Employment Type:Staff - Regular
- Employee Class:Unclass Full Time AFSCME HSC
- Bargaining Unit:AFSCME
- Work Hours:7a, 9a - 3p, 5p
- Hours Per Week:40
- Location:HSC Hospital
- Number of Openings:1
- Salary Range:$ 10.20 - 11.88
- Grade:Unclassified AFSCME HSC - N1U05
- On Call:Yes
- Requisition ID:req1568
- Position Control Number (PCN):H93973
- Posting Period:02/11/2020 - 02/17/2020 externalPosition
DescriptionThe Registration Liaison holds an important role in
setting the tone for the patient experience. Many times the
Registration Liaison will be the first and last person to interact
with the patient during their visit to UTMC. This position assists
in patient and visitor navigation and satisfaction. Provides aid to
patient flow through the registration process and then to the
appropriate department for services. Provides general information
to hospital users, patients and families. Communicates effectively
to service delivery areas to maximize patient flow and customer
service outcomes both internally and externally. The Registration
Liaison is instrumental in making sure patients have a positive
patient centered experience at UTMC.Qualifications:Required
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written skills.
- Experience in internet, internet navigation, word processing,
standard computer manipulation.
- Experience with Word and Excel, required.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to deal with confrontation.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional, service oriented
working relationships with patients, families, physicians, nurses,
co-workers, supervisors and others.
- Ability to enter data, perform multiple tasks and work
- Must be able to understand and comply with policies and
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a high performance team of
professionals in partnership toward common objectives.
- Work in a professional office or hospital environment with
possible high stress levelsRequired Education/Experience/Licensing:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years experience in customer service role
- Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours
- Ability to transport patients.
- Ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 50 pounds
- Manual dexterity to utilize computer and office equipment.
- Moderate lack of control over pace of work and high level of
interaction with patients and employees.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to keep up with a fast pace environment
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of timeThe
above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed by people assigned to this classification.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed
by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify
the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work
of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is
an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University
of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational
programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial
status, or political affiliation.The University of Toledo provides
reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you
require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing
or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at
419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online
for anaccommodation request.Computer access is available at most
public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in
the Academic Services Center, Suite 1000 on the Scott Park Campus
or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services
Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.To promote the
highest levels of health and well-being, theUniversity of Toledo
campuses are tobacco-free. To further this effort, effective July
1, 2019, the University of ToledoHealth Science Campus Medical
Center and the College of Medicine and LifeSciences are requiring
all candidates for employment to be nicotine-free. Pre-employment
health screening requirementswill include cotinine (nicotine)
testing, as well as drug and other requiredhealth screenings. Any
employment offer is conditional upon successfulcompletion of a
Keywords: University of Toledo, Toledo , Registration Liaison - Registration, Other , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!