Job Description: We are seeking a Field Support Technician for a
6 month contract located in Toledo OH. The person chosen must have
reliable transportation and be able to travel within a 50 mile
radius to various locations around Toledo OH. The most important
skill will be one’s ability of fostering teamwork in the workplace.
It is the increased likelihood of a project’s success since
teamwork combines the strengths of all members of the team. These
strengths will form a combined advantage that can help the team
address any complicated task at hand. This position is for support
for a Windows XP-Windows 7 migration as well as deployment of new
computer related hardware which include desktops and laptops. As a
Windows 7 Deployment Field Technician, you will be a resource for a
Refresh Deployment involving the installation of a new operating
system (win 7) on customer PCs at multiple customer locations;
(both desktops and laptops). There is already a large team in place
just working one location. The people chosen must have reliable
transportation and mileage will be reimbursed when traveling
outside the Toledo OH area by 25+ miles.
- Following detailed documented tasks and adhere to assigned
schedule Desktop and laptop upgrades
- Maintain an open line of communication with both management and
- Perform a variety of pre-deployment, deployment, and
post-deployment tasks of a technical nature including: asset
verification, hardware upgrading/ assembly and installation,
testing and operational checks, and interconnection of computer
hardware systems and peripheral equipment.
- Documents, processes and procedures to accomplish task objectives
including backup/restore of user’s data, initiating user’s network
and wireless connections, migrating user’s e-mail, application and
- Installs and configures standard software loads/images. Post
- The ideal candidate must have extensive Windows XP / Windows 7
experience. Office 2007/2010 experience. Outlook configuration
skills are also required. Leadership skills are a plus. Clear oral
and written communication skills are necessary.
- Must pass a criminal and drug background check prior to
- 2-3 years experience working in the IT Field.
- Basic Windows and hardware skills. Pack, unpack equipment.
Dispose of packing materials.
- Follow detailed instructions for imaging and support
- Experience with Windows 7 is required
- Must have Windows XP-Windows 7 migration background
- End user integration - must be comfortable in a direct support
- Must have experience with Microsoft Outlook setup and usage.
- Experience with Dell / Lenovo Desktop and laptops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.