HR Systems Lead
Company: Owens Corning
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. Due to the current situation related to the
Coronavirus (COVID-19), we're leveraging digital capabilities which
allows us to continue to connect talented individuals with exciting
careers at Owens Corning. As your application progresses, you may
be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your
recruitment journey. If so, our team is here to support you
throughout the process, answer any questions and provide an
outstanding experience. For more information, see how we are
responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic (opens in new window) .
Location : United States: Toledo, OH or remote with required
travel* to Toledo, OH (20%) *Travel is temporarily not required HR
systems are evolving, designed to encompass HXM "Human Experience
Management", in addition to the operational role they have
traditionally fulfilled as employee transactional systems. Massive
global changes are shifting the way people work and HR systems must
transform as part of the company's digital transformation. As an
Owens Corning HRIS Center of Excellence (COE) team member, you will
help innovate HR technology solutions that enable a materially
different experience for HR, our leaders and our employees. Help us
achieve our winning aspiration through innovation & growth
initiatives, HR transactional excellence, systems maintenance,
compliance and providing exceptional support to our users. Just
what is it that makes Owens Corning unique? Of course, there are
the products, the global reach, and the strong commitment to
sustainability. Behind all of that though, it's our people and our
purpose. That's our difference. We are proud to be recognized for
our ongoing product, environmental and social sustainability
- Placed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World)
for the 11th consecutive year and named Industry Leader for the
DJSI World Building Products group for the eighth straight
- Ranked No. 1 on the 100 Best Corporate Citizens List for 2020 -
the second year in a row.
- Recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2020
World's Most Ethical Companies. Are you ready to bring your skills
to Owens Corning and be part of our difference? PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The HR Systems Lead performs systems support, maintenance, report
building and participates on projects for Owens Corning's HR
systems environment (SAP/SuccessFactors), known internally as
Talent Center. The role is global in scope and provides technical
and process expertise to a distributed set of internal and external
resources who execute the various aspects of the HR function. This
role is assigned to projects and participates with HR systems and
functional leadership in delivering the HR systems roadmap. Project
requirements are successfully developed and delivered with the end
user experience in mind. Project work encompasses requirements
definition, vendor management, testing, process development,
system/workbook documentation, change management, training, and
communications. The HR Systems Lead performs support activities
using the ServiceNow toolset to ensure a stable and effective
systems environment for all users. Clear communication for
troubleshooting and support is needed to relay technical
information to non-technical audiences. The role interacts
internally with employees at all levels of the organization with a
primary focus on HR, IT, Labor Relations, Employment Law, Data
Privacy, Finance and a variety of system users. Externally, the
role interacts with key supplier partners from SAP/SuccessFactors
and technical partners. Reports to : HR Systems Leader Span of
Control : Individual contributor, global accountability, high
vendor partner interaction PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Project
- Assigned to projects supporting the broader HR Systems roadmap.
Act as a project lead on smaller projects or participate as a
systems team member on larger projects. Perform assigned tasks
consistent with the project plan to ensure the outcomes are
delivered within scope, cost and schedule.
- Execute the full systems development life cycle.
- Lead change management actions. HR Systems Support and Process
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of OC's system
configuration and the processes supporting its operations.
- Maintain system architectural documentation and configuration
- Manage support tickets and provide troubleshooting, assessment
and resolution to users.
- Resolve system errors by implementing corrections or escalation
to a vendor.
- Perform Talent Center maintenance and testing activities as
directed by HR Systems Leaders in support of the various HR
- Perform continuous improvement actions to create a stable,
effective and efficient support environment.
- Collaborate and connect the dots with team members to ensure
smooth end user experience. Report Building
- Fulfill ad hoc report requests.
- Create ad hoc report queries and build formatted reports in
- Maintain existing reports that are shared to individuals, roles
- Distribute confidential data to authorized individuals adhering
to information security policies ensuring data security. JOB
REQUIREMENTS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or
related business/technical degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working for global corporations in HRIS,
GIS, IT or similar roles. Preferably with 2-4 years experience in
- Prior experience leading projects.
- Strong report building knowledge.
- Prior experience with release management and regression
testing. EXPERIENCE :
- 2-4 years of comprehensive HR systems expertise, preferably
SAP/SuccessFactors as well as exposure to broader timekeeping,
payroll, talent management, permissions/security, interface
management, benefits, and reporting toolsets. SAP/SuccessFactors
Modules: Performance, Development, Succession, Recruiting,
Reporting, Onboarding, Learning, Employee Central and Workforce
- Direct working experience performing HR related activities for
varying types of employees including salaried, hourly (union and
self-represented), and expatriates.
- Direct working experience with and applied knowledge of project
management and software-as-a-service implementation
- Direct working experience with digital transformation.
- Has worked well in a highly matrixed and distributed work
structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural
boundaries. Experience working with and getting results from
- Applied knowledge of the broad set of HR transactions involved
in talent management and total rewards processes.
- Applied knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies for
root cause analysis/elimination.
- Direct working experience in report building and distributing
confidential report data to authorized users. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &
ABILITIES : The HR Systems Lead will deliver winning solutions that
meet our internal customers' needs through the following -
- Inclusion & Diversity
- HR Analytics
- Testing strategies with outside-in-thinking
- Embodying a growth mindset
- Competitively driving results and modeling resilience About
Owens Corning Owens Corning is a global building and industrial
materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are
dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of
insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging
the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning
provides innovative products, manufacturing technologies, and
sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product
safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor
productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the
company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in
Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2019 sales of $7.2 billion.
Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500-- company for 65
consecutive years. For more information, please visit
www.owenscorning.com . Owens Corning is an equal opportunity
employer. Please note: Applications must be filled out
completely-incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes
are welcome, but are not a substitute for completing the
application. Be the first to know of new job opportunities:
Keywords: Owens Corning, Toledo , HR Systems Lead, Human Resources , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!