Housekeeper - Housekeeping - Full Time - Nights
Posted on: November 15, 2023
ProMedica's Mission is to improve your health and well-being.
That's evident the minute you walk through the doors of ProMedica
Defiance Regional Hospital. Located about 60 miles southwest of
Toledo in Defiance, Ohio, our facility was constructed in 2002 and
designed to promote a healing environment. It also has
state-of-the-art technology and private rooms that feel like a home
away from home.
Being a community-based hospital, we also have a professional
office building where you'll find many primary and specialty
doctors. In addition, we're a critical-access hospital and
accredited by the Joint Commission, the industry leader in setting
healthcare standards. We're also an accredited Chest Pain Center
and Level III trauma center.
Cleans and services all areas of the hospital except maintenance
work areas, maintaining the highest possible sanitary standards and
good public relations. Completes any and all duties requested or
required as set forth by the department manager.
- Cleans all occupied patient rooms using the 6-step method.
Completes all cleaning and preparation of discharge rooms using
7-step method. Cleans surgery, delivery, ancillary and office areas
as assigned according to procedure.
- Sweeps, mops and wet-washes floors, periodically cleans and/or
polishes using buffer machine. Strips, scrubs and refinishes floors
using rotary floor machine as assigned. Vacuums, spot cleans or dry
cleans carpets using a rotary scrubber with a bonnet as
- Washes sinks and other/all plumbing fixtures and replenishes
disposable products such as paper towels, toilet tissue, instant
hand sanitizer, quart containers of disinfectant cleaner, hand soap
and bar soap. Polishes metal, stainless, and other bright surfaces
and glass with proper solutions. Washes walls, ceilings and windows
inside and exterior as assigned.
- Cleans vertical and horizontal surfaces that collect dust.
Cleans registers, tops of doors, vents and drapes using a ladder
when needed. Changes cubicles, drapes and shower curtains. Dusts,
spot cleans and shampoo furniture. Moves furniture around the
hospital as needed.
- Collects and transports waste, cleans and relines trashcans.
Loads and operates compactors.
- Responds to bio-hazardous waste spills for clean up of blood
and bodily fluids when called. Collects and transports red waste
maintaining all EPA and infection control standards.
- Requires attention to detail, ability to follow written and
verbal directions and the ability to work with minimal
- Experience in all phases of institutional housekeeping and
floor maintenance helpful, but will train.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Trained to respond to bio-hazardous waste spills.
- Requires some handling of infectious material.
- Requires handling of biologically unclean material.
- Frequent contact with water and strong cleaning and
- Extensive walking, standing, climbing, stooping, lifting,
weight-bearing of 50 lbs., bending throughout the work day.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information,
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category .
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Housekeeper - Housekeeping - Full Time - Nights, Hospitality & Tourism , Alvordton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!