Company: Volunteers of America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Come join our awesome team as a Charge Cook with Tiffin
Rehabilitation Center (TRC). We offer a great work environment,
flexible scheduling and a generous HIRING BONUS up to $4,000!
Tiffin Rehab Center is part of Volunteers of America National
Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of
the Volunteers of America parent organization. Charge Cook Job
Highlights: ---- Generous "refer a friend" bonuses ---- 403(b)
Retirement Plan; ---- Career scholarships; ---- Quality training,
continuing career education and leadership programs; ---- Medical,
Dental and Vision Insurance ---- Paid Time Off ---- Pay in Lieu of
Benefits Program About the job: The Charge Cook will provide
quality food service in accordance with all State and Federal
regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual needs of the
residents. Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm M-F and every other weekend;
hours subject to change to cover open shifts. Salary: $16-17 per
hour BOE Waive all benefits for up to an additional 18% in pay!
- Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and
- Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to
meet meal schedule.
- Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and
vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings
according to portion control standards.
- Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality and
- Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food
preparation and service to ensure that established temperature
goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained
throughout meal service.
- Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in
accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line
- Responsible for daily counts and documenting meals served.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Food and Nutrition
Services. Required Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Minimum of one year food service experience in an industrial
setting preferred. General knowledge of quantity food preparation
and portioned serving required.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels
of staff, residents, and family members.
- Numerical ability necessary to make various computations in
keeping work record, monitoring inventory control and supplies, and
in recipe preparation.
- Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous
physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
- Possesses coordination and dexterity required to prepare food
and operate food equipment.
- Able to understand and follow procedures, recipe
- Visual acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and
stored foods; taste and smell discrimination in determining
nutritional quality and palatability of foods.
- Works in an area that is often very hot/cold.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation. About
Tiffin Rehabilitation Center: Located in Tiffin, Ohio, just down
the road from Autumnwood Care Center, is Tiffin Rehabilitation
Center, home to quality therapy and rehabilitation for seniors
recovering from injury or hospitalization. Our center is in close
proximity to several respected healthcare facilities, physician,
and specialists, and our employees offer valuable, empathetic care
to those in need. A beautiful nature preserve falls conveniently
behind the center, and can be enjoyed by all who visit the campus.
We value our employee's dedication to enriching the lives of our
senior population, and ensuring that they are prospering in every
way possible. Certified as a Great Place to Work 5 years in a row!
Employees say their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a
job". Create happiness and apply today! At VOANS, we celebrate
sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment
opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental
disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military
and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and
unique personal differences nurtures and supports our
organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an
inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and
has the opportunity to do their personal best. - Volunteers of
America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all
employees, volunteers and contractors. - We care for individuals
who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. -We
are committed to providing the safest environment possible for
those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal
process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for
Keywords: Volunteers of America, Toledo , Charge Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Tiffin, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...