Concierge - Information Desk - Part Time - Afternoons
Posted on: May 24, 2023
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care
facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more
than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county
area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have
the area's largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up
of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent
customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced
environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years,
residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award
winner in our market. In fact, we're the only hospital in northwest
Ohio to receive this honor.----POSITION SUMMARY--ProMedica is
looking for candidates with a friendly and helpful attitude to
function at our information desks. The concierge will greet and
direct patients and visitors. They will assist patients by
providing wheelchairs and escort services and as an information
source for activities on the hospital
- Greets all patients and visitors in a timely, courteous manner
assisting with their individual needs.-- Directs customers to
patient and department location on the hospital campus utilizing
- Responds to lobby and customer needs by seeking appropriate
solutions to problems and complaints.
- Assist patients and visitors by providing wheelchair assistance
as needed.-- Notifies appropriate department of patient's arrival
- Screen and release patient information to the public per HIPPA
and Confidential Status policies via telephone and/or in
- Monitors and reports potentially suspicious or dangerous
customer behavior to Security.-- Assure safety of lobby guests
during fire, weather or emergency situations.
- Assists guest in locating meeting or public events.-- Respond
to customer questions about hospital, campus and Toledo area
directions utilizing the appropriate maps.
- Supervise activities of the information desk and volunteer
Guest Guides.-- Update and review information desk procedures and
hospital wide changes with volunteer Guest Guides.
- Mentor new department employees and volunteers in the operation
of lobby services.--
- Receive and assure delivery of items accepted at the desk.
- Maintain adequate supply of wheelchairs in lobby vestibule
areas.-- Retrieve chairs from other areas of the hospital.-- May
direct volunteer Guest Guides to assist in retrieval of wheel
- Issue meal vouchers to active volunteers.
- Oversee procedures for the 4 hospitality rooms in the Harris
McIntosh Tower using daily Hospitality Room Instructions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Skills: Must demonstrate good, mature judgement and be able to
make independent decisions pertaining to customer inquiries or
concerns.-- Must demonstrate personal attributes such as tact,
patience, good grammar, retentive memory, pleasant voice and
appearance.-- Must be able to provide accurate directions;
communicate; and respond to inquiries.-- Requires excellent
interpersonal skills to interact courteously and effectively with
the diverse customer population that utilizes the hospital
services.-- Must be able to effectively work with all employees who
request services.-- Must have a clear understanding of the
ProMedica Customer Service Excellence.-- Must be able to critically
analyze customer and patient safety issues and resolve
- Must be able to move freely and quickly about the hospital and
between campus workstations.-- Must be able to stand for long
periods of time.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer
and operate phones.
- Must be able to move most patients and guest safely in a
wheelchair: must be able to occasionally move, lift and/or carry
medium weight materials.-- Must be able to recognize when
assistance is required to move or assist a very large or heavy
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to temperature changes.--
Requires being outdoors for limited amounts of time in all types of
weather.--The above list of accountabilities is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by the
incumbent; it should not be considered exhaustive.ProMedica is a
mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization
headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. --For more information, please visit
www.promedica.org/about-promedicaQualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.orgEqual Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Concierge - Information Desk - Part Time - Afternoons, Hospitality & Tourism , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...