Company: Cedar Point
Posted on: March 20, 2023
As a Sous Chef at Cedar Point, you must be able to show a strong
knowledge of back of house operations as well as participate in the
preparation and execution of all banquets. Provide assistance with
purchasing, inventory, and any administrative needs. Must be able
to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. You'll
- Train and direct staff in providing guest service according to
Cedar Fair standards on an overall basis.
- Consult daily with the Executive Chef to ensure successful
- Assist in preparing and administering annual department
operating budget; makes overall adjustments (labor, ODC, COG)
throughout the year to meet department specific goals.
- Assist in the planning and execution of daily/seasonal
- Oversee and assign the daily work of employees in assigned
area; provide training, coaching, counseling and tracking regarding
employee's performance; refer disciplinary issues upward and
provides back-up documentation to support actions including
discipline, promotion, demotion and termination.
- Assist in preparing and conducting performance appraisals with
each direct report on an annual basis.
- Take appropriate action to correct poor guest service or
recognize superior guest service;respond to and resolve more
complex typical guest concerns that cannot be resolved at the unit
- Communicate with associates one to two levels above/below in
verbal or written formats. Communications range from simple
instructions to more involved memos, procedures, training
- Ensure that all food storage spaces are kept organized and free
of debris and outdated product. Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years Culinary Leadership experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company
policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or
older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal,
DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per
Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Keywords: Cedar Point, Toledo , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Sandusky, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...