Housekeeper - PT & PRN - $600 Bonus Sign On
Company: Volunteers of America National Services
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Bethesda Care Center are looking for Housekeepers to work at our
facility in Fremont, OH! Hours: - Part time, 8a-4:30p or PRN
OBJECTIVE: The Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the
cleanliness of all facility areas. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs defined cleaning procedures, using various chemicals
and cleaning agents, supplies and equipment, including:
- Dusting/polishing and arranging furniture or equipment.
- Mopping and polishing floors.
- Vacuuming carpets and draperies.
- Scouring and sanitizing sinks, toilets, tubs and shower
- Polishing plumbing fixtures.
- Cleaning mirrors, lighting fixtures, doors, carpets and
- Washing or spot cleaning walls.
- Removing stains and debris from floors, carpets and
- Removing, transporting and disposing of trash.
- Replenishes paper products, hand soap products and wastebasket
liners as needed during routine cleaning procedures.
- Maintains housekeeping cart and utility closets in sanitary and
- Replenishes cart supplies at end of shift in preparation for
next day's use.
- Informs supervisor of supply or equipment needs.
- Keeps storage areas locked with supplies properly stored
according to established procedures.
- Stores all germicides, pesticides and other toxic substances
clearly labeled and locked away when not in use.
- Follows established reporting procedures for the
- Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring or tiling requiring
replacement or repair.
- Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
- Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other
- Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line
- Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the
Maintenance Supervisor/ Environmental Services Director.Why Choose
Volunteers of America during this pandemic? Work where you feel
safe. During the National Public Health Emergency caused by the
COVID-19 Pandemic, do you want to work in one of the safest
environments possible? A place where the people you serve average
85% fully vaccinated? A place where your co-workers will also be
fully vaccinated? Recently, the Healthcare division of Volunteers
of America National Services decided to require vaccination for all
employees, volunteers and contractors. While this decision was
difficult, we understand that we care for individuals who are most
susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed
to providing the safest environment possible for those we serve.
This commitment extends to another very important group of
individuals, our employees. Join us today in providing care and
services to older adults in an organization that cares deeply about
the health and well-being of others; those we care for, our
employees, our community and our Nation. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous institutional housekeeping/cleaning experience
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work assignments,
instructions, warnings and labels.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the
strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as dusting,
mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.EOE
Keywords: Volunteers of America National Services, Toledo , Housekeeper - PT & PRN - $600 Bonus Sign On, Hospitality & Tourism , Fremont, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!