RN / Registered Nurse - Med Surg / Intermediate / Ortho - Weekend Incentive - Full Time - Nights
Posted on: November 20, 2023
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible
*Candidates must be external and have at least 1 year of Registered
Nurse experience to be eligible for the Sign-on Bonus
*2-year commitment to the organization -
ProMedica Flower Hospital is located in Sylvania OH, a suburb of
Toledo, OH. - Among being located in one of the area's most
beautiful landscapes, Sylvania offers a high-quality lifestyle for
its residents with Sylvania's public school as one of the finest in
the region, rated as "Excellent" by the state of Ohio. There are
many outdoor activities to enjoy at our nationally recognized
Pacesetter Park, along with music and entertainment found at
Centennial Terrace and Downtown Sylvania, and the LPGA annual
tournament. - The Flower Hospital campus is a 311-bed facility that
houses the Hickman Cancer Center, ER Trauma Center, and is the
regional leader for inpatient adult psychiatric services. - -
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the
nursing care provided to a group of patients. - This nurse leads
the nursing team members in the care as directed by the attending
physician and in collaboration with other health care providers in
accordance with the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Acute Care
Hospitals. - Actively participates in the creation of an
environment that fosters patient, family, physician and employee
satisfaction. - -Ensures decisions made are based on patient and
family centered care philosophy utilizing evidenced based
practices, and focused on safety, customer satisfaction, and
quality outcomes. - - - -
Scope of Service: -The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to
individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge,
judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological,
physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing
sciences. - -The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope
of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their
designated state for which they are practicing in addition to
compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies. -
-Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities
- Complies with nursing process.
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical
situations involving patients, personnel, and visitors in a
- Performs basic nursing skills competently.
- Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue
- Engages in the changing environment and is open to new
- Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested
or when the need is obvious.
- Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of
the healthcare team including patients. -
- Responsible for continued professional growth and development
and competency. -
- Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and
healthcare record. -
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR training.
- Specialty certifications as required.
- BSN preferred.
- The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of
continuing education during his/her licensure period. -At least 1
hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio
nurse practice code and rules.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals,
temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by
the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations,
and prolonged periods of standing. -**
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy
patients or equipment. **
- Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling;
continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching;
frequent pushing, pulling, and squatting.
Occasional sitting, stairs, and kneeling. **
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the
general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it
should not be considered exhaustive.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. - -For more
information, please visit -.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
-without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry,
religion, -sex/gender (including pregnancy), -sexual orientation,
gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental
disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship,
familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally
protected category. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability
and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a
job with ProMedica, please contact -.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , RN / Registered Nurse - Med Surg / Intermediate / Ortho - Weekend Incentive - Full Time - Nights, Healthcare , Sylvania, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!