RN / Registered Nurse - CIN Care Navigation - Full Time - Days
Posted on: November 15, 2023
This position is located at Defiance Family Medicine at Defiance
Regional Hospital. This position facilitates integration with the
primary care practice team to assure continuity of care and meet
the preventative and chronic health needs of patients' though
relationship development, health promotion, collaborative
self-management initiatives, and supportive care services.
- Identify chronic and preventative patient needs.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all
key customers (physicians, office staff, patients, families, and
- Collaborate with primary care practice team and patient to
develop plan of care, with respect to ethnic and cultural
- Serve as an essential link between patients and all other care
- Engage patient in self-management.
- Facilitate appropriate screenings for early disease
- Coordinate patient access to necessary services, including
community and public health resources.
- Oversee multidisciplinary appointments for consults and support
services, including labs, diagnostics, social work, dieticians,
etc. and facilitate as needed for optimum health outcomes.
- Collaborate with inpatient care management resources to follow
patient through care continuum.
- Provide assessment and education utilizing clinically-sound,
- Provide timely, clinical documentation of patient encounters,
using the EHR and other tools.
- Collect data, track outcomes, and support strategic planning
- Attend conferences, trainings, and meetings related to the care
- Travel to designated physician practices or other health
system/community sites, as needed.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Complete special projects, as assigned by leadership team.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BSN required; MSN preferred
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in state of MI
- Registered Nurse must have experience/certification that
matches assigned practice specialty
- History of positive rapport with patients, families,
physicians, and interdisciplinary team
- Applicable experience in patient education and knowledge of
hospital and community resources
- Relevant experience in working with diverse populations
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical-thinking, organizational,
interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in self-directed environment with attention to
detail and follow-through
- Computer literate; Microsoft Office competency required
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information,
please visit Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or
mental disability, military or protected veteran status,
citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other
legally protected category . In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability
and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a
job with ProMedica, please contact Equal Opportunity
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , RN / Registered Nurse - CIN Care Navigation - Full Time - Days, Healthcare , Wauseon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!