MA / Medical Assistant - Peds Pulm / CF Clinic - Per Diem - Days
Location: Bowling Green
Posted on: September 19, 2023
ProMedica Russell J. Ebeid Children's Hospital is a 169-bed
facility that has grown to be the region's leading pediatric care
facility. We offer a full spectrum of medical services to meet the
unique needs of children from birth through adolescence. As an
accredited facility by the Joint Commission, we strive to meet the
highest national standards for safety and quality of care and are
committed to continually improving patient care.
Highlights of our facility include a Level IIIb 72-bed unit
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that provides care for premature
babies as early as 22 weeks gestation and as small as 14 oz.; the
region's largest Level II pediatric trauma center; a
state-of-the-art cancer center for pediatric cancer patients; and
the first dual-certified asthma program for treating both inpatient
and outpatients by the Joint Commission in Ohio.
Position Summary: -
The -Medical Assistant -role encompasses many different parts
including patient/family education, clerical tasks, ordering of
tests, responding to the needs of patients by phone, triage calls,
scheduling follow-up appointments if necessary and responds to any
issues that the patient may have prior to leaving the practice to
ensure a positive experience of patient satisfaction, and assisting
the clinical staff and/or providers on any given day. -This role is
a valuable asset to a provider and a vital part of the healthcare
team. This position is ideal for candidates that can multitask,
work under pressure, have organizational and communication skills
either written or oral, and interpersonal skills. If you are
interested we invite you to apply!
Duties & Responsibilities: -
- Assist provider with patient care -
- Patient/Family education. -
- Ordering RX and testing procedures as directed by providers.
- May assume responsibilities of determining and responding to
the needs of patients and visitors when they contact the practice
either by phone or in person. -
- May be required to fill in for Checkout/in clerk if needed.
- Answers and/or triage patient calls. -
- Coordinates scheduling of patients appointments. -
- Assist clinical staff and/or providers as required. -
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program through an accredited
college or university -
- Experience in private practice or clinic setting
- Must be able to perform clerical functions as a Checkout/in
Clerk and also clinical duties as needed
- Excellent Customer Service skill is required
- Electronic Medical Records experience preferred -
- Must demonstrate strong commitment towards achieving
- Must be able to effectively navigate through Windows based
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the
general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it
should not be considered exhaustive.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. -For more information,
please visit -www.promedica.org/about-promedica.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , MA / Medical Assistant - Peds Pulm / CF Clinic - Per Diem - Days, Healthcare , Bowling Green, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!