MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II - Laboratory - Per Diem - Variable
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Located in Fremont, Ohio, ProMedica Memorial Hospital has served
the citizens of Sandusky County and the adjacent communities since
1918. In fact, our hospital was built with funds raised by members
of our community on land donated by the family of former United
States President, Rutherford B. Hayes. POSITION SUMMARY Performs
routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes deviations
and provides interpretation following established standards and
- Performs testing
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and
procedures. Complies with requirements of accreditation and
- Process biological specimens for analysis. Evaluate and solves
problems related to specimen collection and processing.
- Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes
deviations, and provides interpretation.
- Operates instruments and performs procedures within the scope
- Performs scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and acts according to
- Quality Control
- Performs, records, and maintains accurate quality control
records. Recognizes out of control results and takes appropriate
- Knowledge Resource
- Answers inquiries regarding results and factors affecting
results. Acts as a liaison and fosters effective communication
between laboratory and health care team, maintaining patient
- Computer System
- Performs routine inquiry and data input on the laboratory
- Ensures accuracy of information in the computer systems and is
responsible for corrective actions.
- Utilizes computer software to enhance specialty area.
- Training/Competency Assessment
- Instructs new associates and students as required.
- With respect to experience and education, assesses competencies
of other test performers.
- Continuing Education
- Must complete required number of CE units
- Must complete mandatory in-services
- Mantains and upgrades personal professional development.
- Team Leader
- Provides guidance to co-workers in the absence of an on-site
Supervisor regarding staffing and technical issues that arise.
- Other duties as assigned. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education :
Doctoral, Master's or Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical,
biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology
from an accredited institution or transcripts showing 60 semester
hours from an accredited institution indicating 24 semester hours
of medical technology courses or 24 semester hours of science
courses that include 6 semester hours in chemistry, 6 semester
hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or
medical technology in any combination OR meet an alternate
qualification route for Testing Personnel for High Complexity
Testing as detailed in 493.1489 Years of Experience : Completion of
a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by
the ABHES, the CAHEA, or other organization approved by HHS OR meet
an alternate experience route for High Complexity Testing Personnel
as detailed in 493.1489. Certification : American Society of
Pathology (ASCP) MLS or Categorical eligible at time of hire with
certification achieved within one year of hire. WORKING CONDITIONS
Personal Protective Equipment: Lab Coat, Gloves, Protective
Eyewear, as required. Physical Demands: Must be able to move
continuously about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged
periods of standing. Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease
bearing specimens, odorous chemicals, carcinogens, mutagens,
low-level radiation, electrical hazards, and flammable liquids.
Must be able to differentiate colors. Must be able to move, lift or
carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs., 5% of the time. May have to
stand continuously for the entire shift. Must be able to input and
retrieve information from computer. ProMedica is a mission-based,
not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational headquartered
in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or
gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact Equal
Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II - Laboratory - Per Diem - Variable, Healthcare , Fremont, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...