MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II - Fostoria Community Hospital - Full Time - Nights
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Performs routine and complex analytical procedures, recognizes
deviations and provides interpretation following established
standards and practices, under minimal supervision.Primary
- Operates instruments and performs procedures within scope of
training, utilizing established protocols. Performs scheduled
maintenance procedures. Recognizes equipment malfunctions and acts
according to established protocols.
- Performs, records, and maintains accurate quality control
records. Recognizes out of control results and takes appropriate
- Answers inquiries regarding results and factors affecting
results. Interacts with health care team, maintaining patient
confidentiality. Acts as a liaison and fosters effective
communication between laboratory and health care team.
- Performs routine inquiry and data input on the laboratory
- Instructs new employees and students as required. Presents
educational information to employees as requested.
- Processes biological specimens for analysis following
established procedures. Evaluates and solves problems related to
specimen collection and processing
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and
procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental
and infection control. Complies with requirements of accreditation
and regulatory agencies by attending mandatory in-services and
continuing laboratory education and participating in continuous
quality improvement. Maintains and upgrades personal
- Drafts and review procedures. Participate in new method
evaluation as requested
- Acts as a team leader as assigned, by establishing and
completing objectives. May direct the scheduling and completion of
all activities. May instruct, assign work and provide guidance to
co-workers in the absence of supervisory personnel.
- Performs other duties as directed.MT Education/Certification
- Must have Bachelor's degree or in final semester of an
accredited MT/MLS Bachelor degree program. (must provide degree
within 6 months of hire) Must have MT/MLS (ASCP) OR an appropriate
categorical ASCP registry OR be eligible to achieve MT/MLS (ASCP)
registry (must complete registration within one year of hire).
Requires previous clinical experience. Must fulfill all requisite
criteria for Medical Technologist I, unless grandfathered prior to
1987. MLT Education/Certification Requirements
- Must have an Associate degree or equivalent in chemical,
physical, biological laboratory science. Must be MLT (ASCP)
registered or registry eligible (must complete registration within
one year of hire). Requires previous clinical experience. Must
fulfill all requisite criteria for Medical Laboratory Technician I
MLT and MT Overall Requirements
- Must be able to move continuously about hospital and between
workstations; and prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to understand directions and be able to
communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens,
odorous chemicals, carcinogens, mutagens, low-level radiation,
electrical hazards and flammable liquids.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to occasionally move, lift and/or carry
lightweight materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds up to
5% of the time.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information,
please visit Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or
mental disability, military or protected veteran status,
citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other
legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability
and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a
job with ProMedica, please contact Equal Opportunity
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II - Fostoria Community Hospital - Full Time - Nights, Healthcare , Fostoria, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...