Director of Nursing
Company: Harbor, Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Harbor is looking for a Director of Nursing who oversees and
supervises the nursing initiatives, mental health urgent care,
crisis stabilization and substance use disorder programs of Harbor
and Harbor subsidiaries.Position is
- Minimum requirement is a valid Ohio Registered Nurse
- BSN, MSN or MBA required.
- Prefer a specialty concentration in Psychiatric/Mental Health
Nursing from an accredited educational institution.
- Experience working with children and adults with mental illness
- Minimum requirement of five years in mental health setting,
three of which have been
- Must be proficient and accurate in computer use, including
- Must have valid driver's license, acceptable driving record,
and be deemed insurable through Harbor's vehicle insurance
- CPR/First Aid and NCI/CPI Certifications required within 90
days of employment.Essential Job Competencies/Primary Duties:
- Exhibits leadership and team-building skills to promote a
cooperative atmosphere which leads to acceptable levels of
productivity and effectiveness of team members.
- Responsible for insuring staff meet billable unit
- Bridges communication and establishes work flows between
nursing, and other multidisciplined staff.
- Assists with developing agency policy and procedures as it
relates to the nursing and assigned departments and client
- Coordinates and facilitates the appropriate integration of
nursing services throughout Harbor.
- Responsible for the continued growth and development of both
nursing and other assigned departments.
- Provides personnel management functions for all assigned staff
including supervision, annual evaluations, involvement in hiring,
disciplinary actions, etc.
- Assists in innovation, development and implementation of
- Assists with preparing nursing department for accreditation,
license, certification, and audits.
- Provides coverage at sites as needed. Responsibilities include
medical treatment plansAbout Harbor:
- A leading provider of mental health and substance use treatment
forover 100 years
- 350+ clinical staffserve over24,000 clientsacross multiple
locations and in the community each year
- Services ranging from counseling, pharmacological management,
primary care, psychological testing, case management, substance use
treatment, residential services, vocational program, andmore!Why
Work for Harbor?It is fast-paced and challenging, but you will have
a lot of fun in the process. You will have the opportunity to meet
other motivated individuals who are also making a positive impact
at our company. Harbor is committed to investing our resources in
you! Some benefits of working with Harbor include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement plan with company match
- Generous paid time off, sick time, and paid holidays
- Tuition and professional license reimbursement programs
- Clinical supervision hours offered
- Ability to make a difference in your community!
Keywords: Harbor, Inc., Toledo , Director of Nursing, Healthcare , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...