Phlebotomist - ProMedica Memorial Hospital - Fremont - Full Time - Afternoons
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Located in Fremont, Ohio, ProMedica Memorial Hospital has served
the citizens of Sandusky County and the adjacent communities since
1918. In fact, our hospital was built with funds raised by members
of our community on land donated by the family of former United
States President, Rutherford B. Hayes.
Performs all core functions within the phlebotomy section of the
- Collects products or specimens for basic procedures and
performs point-of-care testing using proper techniques.
- Follows strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis. Assists in
the care of the patient prior to, during and after specimen
- Determines, from like samples, combinations of tests and the
associated acceptable minimum volumes. Knowledgeable of
pre-analytic variables, which may affect specimen analysis.
Familiar with test synonyms and abbreviations, and
cross-referencing tests to specimen types.
- Utilizes laboratory computer information system to include all
work aides and shortcuts within the system. Utilizes quality
assurance data to enhance the services rendered by the section.
Recommends changes in procedures to address quality issues and
provide customer satisfaction.
- Performs and documents quality control procedures. Utilizes
laboratory computer information system.
- Maintains established hospital and departmental policies and
procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental
and infection control. Complies with requirements of accreditation
and regulatory agencies by attending mandatory in-services and
continuing laboratory education and participating in continuous
quality improvement. Maintains and upgrades personal professional
- Performs, routinely, difficult specimen collections, such as
re-draws and misses.
- Maintains appropriate par levels and organizes supplies and
equipment in work areas as assigned. Notifies appropriate associate
when re-order levels are reached and equipment needs to be
- Assists in the training new associates or students.
- As needed performs all pre-analytic tasks associated with
sample preparation including, but not limited to, centrifugation,
decanting, specimen distribution, and specimen packaging.
- Performs patient registration, maintains Standing Order
- Performs other clerical duties as needed.
- Documents any changes in orders, reasons for cancellation or
change in demographics.
- Performs other duties as directed or assigned Mobile
- Performs the essential duties of a Phlebotomist.
- Has completed function specific HIPAA training.
- Follows the guidelines of the home draw area in respect to
drawing patients in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicates with coworkers any information needed to perform
their job efficiently.
- Calls the patient the night before to schedule draw within a
two hour time frame.
- Keeps vehicle properly maintained and clean. Keeps current with
oil changes, recalls, and other mandatory inspections Must have a
high school diploma or equivalent. Completion of a formal
phlebotomy training program or documented phlebotomy experience
(Ex. Venipunctures, Experience with Effective Puncture Techniques,
- Professional registration preferred.
- Must be able to continuously move about department and between
- Must be able to understand directions and be able to
communicate and respond to inquiries. Requires effective
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens,
blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from
- Must be able to move, lift or carry materials or equipment
weighing up to 50 lbs., up to 10% of the time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information,
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category .
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Phlebotomist - ProMedica Memorial Hospital - Fremont - Full Time - Afternoons, Healthcare , Fremont, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...