Patient Registration Specialist - Flower Hospital - Part Time - Afternoons
Location: Liberty Center
Posted on: March 19, 2023
ProMedica Flower Hospital is located in Sylvania OH, a suburb of
Toledo, OH. Among being located in one of the area's most beautiful
landscapes, Sylvania offers a high-quality lifestyle for its
residents with Sylvania's public school as one of the finest in the
region, rated as "Excellent" by the state of Ohio. There are many
outdoor activities to enjoy at our nationally recognized Pacesetter
Park, along with music and entertainment found at Centennial
Terrace and Downtown Sylvania, and the LPGA annual tournament. -
The Flower Hospital campus is a 311-bed facility that houses the
Hickman Cancer Center, ER Trauma Center, and is the regional leader
for inpatient adult psychiatric services. - The campus includes,
the Goerlich Center, which provides residence for patients with
Alzheimer's and Dementia, along with the Ebeid Center our hospice
facility.Registers/pre-registers patients to receive medical
services in clinic, laboratory, inpatient, outpatient or emergency
department. Obtains demographic information, validates insurance,
and receives/post payments. Adheres to necessary regulatory
requirements. Answers and/or refers questions received from
patients, visitors, and staff to appropriate department. Performs
various related clerical functions. Always shows respect and value
for our customer and projects an image of
- Perform a variety of face-to-face registration,
pre-registration, walk in outpatient scheduling, and collection
functions for all patients including self-pay patients.
- Utilize electronic insurance verification system to verify
insurance benefits and determine copay and/or coinsurance for the
patient's services; ask all eligible patients for copay and/or
coinsurance to meet monthly Point of Service goals. -
- Contacts patients via phone for necessary information
pertaining to registration, billing and financial responsibility
via our pre-registration process.
- Assists patients at time of service with general benefit and
financial responsibility inquires and posts payments to patient
accounts as appropriate. -
- Manages time effectively to perform complete registration
questionnaires while meeting departmental productivity standards in
compliance with system productivity policies. Uses time to complete
other departmental duties when patients cannot be registered.
- Maintains high attention to detail by reviewing all work for
completeness and accuracy in compliance with system quality
assurance policies. Completes registrations to meet department
accuracy standards for error-free work as demonstrated on the
monthly KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
- Understand basic Registration processes and provide feedback to
management on issues that impede timeliness or quality of
Registration and work with management to resolve.
- Independently review assigned reports/work queues to ensure
goals and deadlines are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance requirements
communicated by email, memorandum, educational matrices and
- Seeks assistance from Financial Counselors when needed to
maintain patient flow while resolving financial issues.
Communicates effectively with service delivery areas when
unresolved financial issues threaten appointment schedules.
- Respects the rights and dignity of all patients. Provides and
maintains patient privacy at all times. Is compliant with HIPAA
guidelines and privacy practices, patient confidentiality and
patient rights. -
- Escorts customer/employees to their requested location when
possible. (Site Specific).
- Immediately approaches a customer or employee who seems lost
and offers assistance. -
- Takes ownership of a customer's problem. Ensures the matter is
resolved in a timely manner if able or exculpate to the appropriate
- Functions as a team member to organize and prioritize
responsibilities to complete daily work requirements:
- a. - - -Complies with changes in duties and assignments in a
positive and cooperative manner.
- b. - - -Adjusts to peaks in workload: demonstrates flexibility
and adaptability to change.
- c. - - -Completes assignments in appropriate time frames.
- d. - - -Offers assistance to co-workers to ensure completion of
all assigned duties as necessary.
- e. - - -Performs duties in a self-directed manner with minimal
supervision or direction.
- Demonstrates a positive, supportive, respectful and helpful
attitude in interactions with all department customers (patients,
physicians, visitors and other healthcare team members).
- Assist management with training new staff as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Type accuracy of 85%. -
- Experience with a computer database program preferred.
- Previous experience in registration, credit/collection or
billing, in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately and independently solve
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to interact with
patients and guarantors to explain payment and billing policies and
persuade patients to settle account balances. -
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers internally
and externally while demonstrating ProMedica's values of
compassion, innovation, teamwork, and excellence.
- Ability to move about and between workstations.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Input and retrieve information from computer.
- Must be able to complete 4-5 weeks of full time training,
Monday thru Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.ProMedica is a
mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organizational
headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. - -For more information, please
visit -www.promedica.org/about-promedicaQualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment -without regard to race,
color, national origin, ancestry, religion, -sex/gender (including
pregnancy), -sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact
-firstname.lastname@example.orgEqual Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Patient Registration Specialist - Flower Hospital - Part Time - Afternoons, Healthcare , Liberty Center, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...