RN, Home Health: FT 1st shift, some 2nd
Company: Firelands Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
* Location: Lakeside Marblehead, Port Clinton, Gypsum, and Oak
* Lifestyle: Sandusky was voted "Best Coastal Small Town in
America". You will have the opportunity to enjoy living and working
in this growing area along the beautiful shores of Lake Erie.
* Work/life: You will find support to help you manage your personal
life while building a career.
* Employee-centric: Tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness,
comprehensive major medical, dental and vision insurance, paid time
off, 401(k), health and wellness offerings, monthly employee
events, and more.
About Firelands Health:
Our goal at Firelands Health is to be the best & preferred
independent healthcare employer for the Sandusky Bay region.
Firelands Health is the area's largest and most comprehensive
resource for quality medical care. We are "big enough to care for
you, and small enough to care about you". We are locally managed
and governed as a not-for-profit healthcare facility, serving the
counties of Erie, Ottawa, Sandusky, and Huron, covering a regional
service area with over 300,000 residents. Our mission is to provide
excellent healthcare, promote community wellness, and improve the
lives we serve.
Our Core ACE Values: Attitude: We choose to be positive and
inclusive every day. Commitment: We are committed to exceed the
expectations of those we serve. Enthusiasm: We will work
passionately to make a difference.
What You Will Do:
* Performs a comprehensive initial assessment for each assigned
patient including: physical, psychosocial, assessment of patient,
family, and caregivers' strength, weakness, and needs, home safety
assessment, learning needs, cultural and religious practices,
evidence of abuse, nutritional status, functional limitations, and
* Evaluates patient status and progress toward goals with each
* Establishes a plan of care (485) with the physician in
collaboration with patient/caregiver and the health care team.
* Revises the care plan as changes occur in the patient's
condition, environment, or needs.
* Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
* Coordinates Home Health services.
* Performs technical skills as described in basic proficiencies and
advanced proficiencies as appropriate.
* Responds to patient holistically, taking into account physical,
emotional, spiritual and family needs.
* Utilizes Firelands practice standards and evidence-based
practices, demonstrates critical thinking and comprehensive
assessment, planning, and implementation. Teaches patient/family
health, safety and preventative information. Documents all patient
* Utilizes patient teaching for emotional and health
* Responds to crisis situations following Home Health's emergency
* Documents patient response to skilled nursing and Home Health
* Demonstrates therapeutic communication skills.
* Establishes and maintains professional working relationship with
other members of the health care team.
* Completes proficiencies as described by Home Health policies.
* Supervises and instructs Home Health aides, and contingency
What You Will Need:
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN
preferred, currently licensed as an RN through the Ohio State Board
* At least one year's medical/surgical nursing experience
* Home Health and/or Community health experience preferred, with
strong understanding of the nursing process and its
* Excellent communication and telephone skills to deal with
clients/caregivers and other members of interdisciplinary team of
health care workers.
* Independent decision making skills and abilities to render
nursing care in an independent setting.
* Ability to rotate "On Call" after hours, weekends and
* Must possess a valid State of Ohio motor vehicle operator's
license and be insurable under Firelands' auto policy. Employee
must provide proof of personal automobile liability insurance
coverage upon request.
* Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
Keywords: Firelands Regional Medical Center, Toledo , RN, Home Health: FT 1st shift, some 2nd, Healthcare , Sandusky, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!