RN / Registered Nurse - Adult Progressive - Part Time Weekend Incentive - Nights
Posted on: January 26, 2023
ProMedica Bay Park Hospital caters to communities east of the
Maumee River. Our campus includes a state-of-the-art community
hospital with 72 private beds and a professional office building
dedicated to doctors' offices and outpatient rehabilitation, as
well as a treatment and diagnostic center. The hospital itself was
designed with patient comfort and healing in mind, with wider
hallways, single-patient rooms and an abundance of natural
light.Position Summary:The Registered Nurse assesses, plans,
implements and evaluates the nursing care provided to a group of
patients. This nurse leads the nursing team members in the care as
directed by the attending physician and in collaboration with other
health care providers in accordance with the philosophy and
policies of ProMedica Acute Care Hospitals. Actively participates
in the creation of an environment that fosters patient, family,
physician and employee satisfaction. Ensures decisions made are
based on patient and family centered care philosophy utilizing
evidenced based practices, and focused on safety, customer
satisfaction, and quality outcomes. Scope of Service: The
Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups
which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived
from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social,
spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse
functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the
Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are
practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals
accrediting bodies. Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities
- Complies with nursing process.
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical
situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a
- Performs basic nursing skills competently.
- Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue
- Engages in the changing environment and is open to new
- Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested
or when the need is obvious.
- Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of
the healthcare team including patients.
- Responsible for continued professional growth and development
- Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and
healthcare record. Licensure/Registration/Certification
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CPR training.
- Specialty certifications as required.
- BSN preferred.
- The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of
continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1
hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio
nurse practice code and rules. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling
equipment. Physical Demands
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals,
temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by
the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations;
and prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy
patients or equipment.
- Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling;
continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching;
frequent pushing, pulling and squatting. Occasional sitting, stairs
and kneeling. ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit
integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio.
For more information, please visit Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category . In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact Equal
Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , RN / Registered Nurse - Adult Progressive - Part Time Weekend Incentive - Nights, Healthcare , Millbury, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!