Company: University of Toledo Physicians
Posted on: November 24, 2022
University of Toledo Physicians' mission is to improve the human
condition through excellence in patient care and medical discovery.
Representing more than 200 physicians, UT Physicians are leaders in
clinical care, research and education of the future physicians,
providing care in a wide range of medical specialties from the most
complex diagnoses and treatments to primary care for the entire
family. The primary site of inpatient care services is at the
University of Toledo Medical Center, but many of our physicians'
practice at hospitals and medical offices throughout the
region.University of Toledo Physicians offers competitive pay and
benefits including: 403B, Pension, health and tuition waiver at
UT.The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) supports and assists
providers within the clinic setting. The LPN, under the supervision
of the provider, assists in the implementation of the delivery of
health care services, assists provider and fellow employees in
providing the highest quality patient experience, and maintains a
positive work relationship with the health care team. ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform clinical procedures under supervision of physician or
- Physical exam preparations, clinical pharmacology, drug
administration through various routes including injections.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interviews patients, measure
vital signs, including weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature,
and document all information in patient's chart.
- Communicate instructions to patients as instructed by physician
or healthcare provider in a clear and professional manner.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information is available
in the patient medical record prior to their appointment (Chart
- Prescription verifications with physician's orders.
- Capillary, venipunctures, and CLIA waived testing procedures,
while adhering to laboratory guidelines and LPN scope of
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies,
maintain instruments, and prepare sterilization as required.
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office
staff to physicians and physician assistants.
- Maintain accurate logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator
temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen,
cold sterilization fluid change, sample medication log, etc.).
- May assist with various specialty duties, such as, but not
limited to: EKG testing (assembling necessary equipment for 12-Lead
EKG), pulmonary testing, urology testing, hydrogen breath testing,
minor surgical assists, dressing applications, suture removal,
- Cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment
between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Fulfills organizational responsibilities as assigned which
includes, respecting/promoting patient rights, responding
appropriately to emergencies, sharing problems relating to patients
and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
- Must be a champion for quality indicators with the ACO and
other payers to ensure progression for achieving excellent quality
initiative standards on a quarterly basis.
- All other duties as assigned. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate/Diploma from an accredited LPN Program
- License State of Ohio, License Practical Nurse
- CPR/BLS Certification
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Proficient in medical terminology.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations needed during the
course of performing basic job duties.
- Basic computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal
forms, including proper phone etiquette. Ability to speak before
groups of people.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment,
courteous and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving
- Knowledge of the compliance aspects of clinical care and
patient privacy and best practices in medical office
- Ability to handle patient and organizational information in a
confidential manner. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in a professional office environment with possible high
- Primarily inside in well-lighted, well-ventilated areas
- Occasional lifting of objects weighing approximately 50 pounds;
sitting; standing; walking; talking and hearing.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other infectious agents,
unpleasant odors, limited space, dust, fumes, hazardous chemicals,
radiation risk, and loud noise may exist.The above list of duties
is intended to describe the general nature and level of work
performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed
by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify
the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work
of employees under his/her supervision.Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability,
military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital
status, or genetics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free
Keywords: University of Toledo Physicians, Toledo , LPN, Healthcare , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!