RN / Registered Nurse - Medical ICU - Full Time - Nights
Posted on: May 15, 2022
ProMedica Toledo Hospital is one of the largest acute-care
facilities in the region. Our 794-bed hospital is staffed by more
than 4,800 professional healthcare employees who serve a 27-county
area throughout northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We also have
the area's largest board-certified medical staff, which is made up
of more than 1,000 primary care and specialty physicians. Excellent
customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced
environment are a must. In addition, for 15 consecutive years,
residents of Greater Toledo have named us the Consumer Choice Award
winner in our market. In fact, we're the only hospital in northwest
Ohio to receive this honor.
The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the
nursing care provided to a group of patients. This nurse leads the
nursing team members in the care as directed by the attending
physician and in collaboration with other health care providers in
accordance with the philosophy and policies of ProMedica Acute Care
Hospitals. Actively participates in the creation of an environment
that fosters patient, family, physician and employee satisfaction.
Ensures decisions made are based on patient and family centered
care philosophy utilizing evidenced based practices, and focused on
safety, customer satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
Scope of Service: The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to
individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge,
judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological,
physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing
sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of
nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their
designated state for which they are practicing in addition to
compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Competencies, Skills, Training & Abilities
* Complies with nursing process.
* Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to critical
situations involving patients, personnel and visitors in a
* Performs basic nursing skills competently.
* Ability to evaluate own daily practice for errors and pursue
* Engages in the changing environment and is open to new ideas.
* Functions as a dependable team member, assisting when requested
or when the need is obvious.
* Communicates effectively and empathetically with all members of
the healthcare team including patients.
* Responsible for continued professional growth and development and
* Navigate and retrieve information from the computer and
* Current State license as a Registered Nurse.
* Current CPR training.
* Specialty certifications as required.
* BSN preferred.
* The RN in Ohio must complete twenty-four contact hours of
continuing education during his/her licensure period. At least 1
hour of contact hours must be related to Chapter 4723 of the Ohio
nurse practice code and rules.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
* Demonstrates knowledge and use of standard precautions and
* Demonstrates knowledge and use of safe patient handling
* Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals,
temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and
* Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by
the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as
* Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and
prolonged periods of standing.
* Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy
patients or equipment.
* Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling;
continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching;
frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare
organizational headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information,
please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion,
sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability,
military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or
marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , RN / Registered Nurse - Medical ICU - Full Time - Nights, Healthcare , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!