Area Sales Manager, TPU
Company: Gates Corporation
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific
fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are
driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer
products that continually exceed expectations.
We don t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to
inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest
continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only
outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers demanding
expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world
experience that enables us to solve our customers diverse
challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are
constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service
offerings to support every facet of our customers operations. In
the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is
there with the right product, in the right place at the right time.
Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the
aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more
efficient, productive, and profitable.
We are Gates.
At Gates we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and
continually seek new talent to join our global company. We are
looking for an Area Sales Manager for our Ohio Valley Region.
Please review below to see if this might be the right opportunity
Reporting to the Americas Sales Manager for TPU Business Unit, the
ideal candidate will perform commercial activities towards the
achievement of established sales goals. Responsible for development
of business with new customers, account management of business with
existing customers, achievement of sales and profit goals for
assigned territory, as well as successful execution of the revenue
growth strategy for the TPU business in assigned
* Responsible for lead generation, qualification, business
development, and account management within assigned geographic
* Engages in extensive customer contact to conduct sales and
service activities; develop strong customer relationships;
introduces new products, identifies product applications, and keeps
accounts informed of product developments.
* Responsible for developing sales strategies, and managing channel
to market most effectively to grow business in territory and exceed
sales and growth targets.
* Attends trade shows, conducts market research, and provides
commercial insights for prioritization of new product development
based on customer interactions and identified market
* Works closely with operations, marketing, and engineering teams
for business/project/product development according to specific
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
* Knowledge of mechanical engineering and manufacturing
* Fundamental understanding of automation system design and motion
control as applied to conveyors, intralogistics, packaging, food
processing, medical equipment, automotive industries
* Basic understanding of CAD
* Proficiency with CRM systems for pipeline and opportunity
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong business acumen
* Exceptional leadership skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Skill in negotiations and ability to influence and be
* Ability to use competitive drive and determination to meet
demanding revenue and profit targets and secure sales
* Ability to plan, develop and deliver technical presentations
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Minimum 8 years of sales experience is preferred. Motion Control or
Power Transmission preferred.
* Strong selling, marketing and negotiating skills. Demonstrated
achievement of previous sales goals.
* True hunter/business development mentality and skillset
* Strong analytical capability, and curiosity to understand
customer s specific business challenges to apply to the right Gates
* Ability to contribute to the development of sales budgets and
* Ability to provide uncompromised customer service
* High integrity and ability to build trust both internally and
* Strong business/financial acumen
* Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation communication
* Ability to work effectively both remotely and in a team
This position requires a Bachelors degree in a related
This position functions as an individual contributor with no
Approximately 60-75% within territory to meet with customers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment
opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment
decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race,
sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other
consideration defined by law.
Keywords: Gates Corporation, Toledo , Area Sales Manager, TPU, Executive , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!