Operations Manager - Environmental Services - Full Time - Afternoons
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Basic Purpose:To plan, organize, supervise, coordinate and
control the activities of Environmental Services, which are deemed
necessary to maintain a clean safe, sanitary environment for all
patients, physicians, staff and visitors. The manager shall be
accountable to the Director of Environmental Services for planning
and maintaining an effective operation, for controlling our
resources, for training personnel in all cleaning techniques and
procedures and for effective management practices.Primary Duties:
- Makes rounds a minimum of once per day.
- Ensures completion of inspections of EVS employees.
- Conducts and/or ensures completion of patient and family
- Ensures monthly, quarterly and annual Q/A inspections and
observations are completed.
- Ensures appropriate corrective measures are adhered to for any
failed inspections or observations. Budget:
- Operates within an annual operating budget based upon approved
departmental financial and non-financial objectives.
- Oversees department Materials Coordinator and ensures
responsible ordering within approved budget.
- Verifies daily and weekly man-hours and payroll reports from
- Reviews and approves project work assignments.
- Reviews and approves supervisor's monthly work assignments two
weeks in advance. Reviews and updates area assignments
- Reports status of monthly projects in progress through written
- Secures and develops staff members who will achieve performance
standards within the unit.
- Identifies and develops future department leaders utilizing the
PTH EVS L.I.T Leadership In Training Program.
- Implements safety programs that teach equipment maintenance and
accident prevention to ensure proper working condition of all
equipment as well as safety of staff members.
- Verifies performance evaluations are accurate and completed
prior to due date.
- Enforces PTH/ECH disciplinary policy.
- Attends the departmental meetings of internal customers.
- Assists Director in providing and conducting supervisor
- Writes performance evaluations.
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of new staff to ensure
proper match between job and new hire.
- Supervises counseling, disciplinary and termination
- Coordinates the employees' grievance process.
- Monitors time and leave records to ensure productivity levels
- Monitors and controls overtime expenditures.
- Audits and approves time and attendance to ensure correct hours
are paid to employees.
- Makes out daily assignments and monthly schedules for all
- Demonstrates good decision making skills.
- Adheres to the policies of TTH/ECH in performing duties.
- Ensures hospital policies are adhered to by all EVS
- Develops and maintains an organized structure and staffing
schedules to ensure effective execution of approved objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the different types of flooring,
techniques and procedures.
- Ensures cleaning schedules and policies are maintained for
daily, routine maintenance and restorative floor care.
- Understands the different floor care products and their
- Exhibits the skill to operate various floor care machines in
the proper manner.
- Assures that the floors are maintained in a clean and sanitary
manner through proper delegation. Customer Service:
- Works closely with other departments and Administration,
conducts Environmental Service rounds with other departments to
ensure quality services are provided at all times.
- Conducts duties in the department with a team spirit and in the
interest of improving the service of the entire hospital
- Assists other departments in the hospital with positive
- Promotes customer service by identifying both internal and
external customers; acknowledging customers promptly; and using
expressions that express respect.
- Creates a supportive climate for customers by allowing
customers to express themselves, addressing their concerns as being
real and encouraging two-way communication.
- Serves as a resource and ensures communication with
administration and hospital departments by communicating cleaning
and operational trends in EVS. Responsibilities:
- Assists in the implementation of Environmental Services
programs designed to provide clean, sanitary facilities. Regularly
inspects completed work and completes management reports.
Recommends new products, equipment and methods to improve overall
- Assists in the orientation development and motivation of
supervisory staff ensuring the staff is properly trained at all
levels and performance standards are met. Completes all reports
accurately and on time.
- Implements inventory control procedures by recommending types
of supplies to be ordered, quantity and timing of orders. Ensures
that all equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
Develops the staffing assignments which will ensure efficient
continuing effective completion of cleaning tasks.
- Conducts required safety, hazardous waste and environment of
- Coordinates activities with other departments ensuring meeting
room set-up and furniture moving is completed accurately and on
- Develops effective facilitating relations through formal and
informal programs both verbal and written.
- Performs other duties as directed.General
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of five years of supervisory experience,
preferably in healthcare related environmental services.
- Prefer a minimum of five years of experience within the
environmental services field.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written skills.
- Experience with training methods and techniques.
- Poses knowledge of JCAHO EOC standards
- CSCT and CHEST certified preferred or obtained within first
twelve months in position.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and able to create, use,
and present reports, graphs, and charts using Excel software.
- Must be able to move about hospital and between
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond
- Must be able to communicate with staff and customers of varied
socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Responsible to the Director of Environmental Services
- Supervises Environmental Services Technicians, Floor Techs,
Movers, Material Coordinator and Education Specialist.
- Inter-relationships with all key management and department
managers ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated
healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more
information, please visit Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or
protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status,
genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if
you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in
order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact Equal
Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , Operations Manager - Environmental Services - Full Time - Afternoons, Executive , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...