RN Clinical Lead - Patient Care Manager - Hospice - Full Time - Days
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Outpatient Team Leader is responsible for coordinating and
overseeing patient care in the outpatient setting. Maintains
accountability and responsibility for the ProMedica
Hospice-Outpatient team based on active census and provides staff
support through facilitation, coaching and role-modeling behaviors
in managing patient/family/and physician concerns.
- Ensure that assigned staff meets customer service behavioral
expectations, for both internal and external customers.
- Completes performance evaluations for assigned staff on
- Works cooperatively and coordinates with other supervisors,
contracted services, and administration to ensure patient care and
service needs are effectively met throughout the agency.
- Supervises, directs and schedules staff according to patient
needs. Reviews and monitors overtime and ETO for all employees
- Ensure areas of responsibility function within all federal and
state regulatory guidelines and standards to provide patient
quality care and/or services. Actively participates in the agency
quality improvement process and infection control initiatives.
- Assists in regulatory and/or accreditation survey preparation
and process as required/requested to assure survey readiness.
- Completes minimal annual field audits of all assigned clinical
staff and increases frequency of visits based on staff needs.
- Participates in the development, implementation, review and
evaluation of hospice protocols, policies and procedures.
- Participates in administrator on call duties after hours and
weekends as a resource.
- Ensures agency productivity standards are met to meet budgetary
- Provides direction to employees regarding leave of absence
policies and monitors LOA timeframes to ensure positions are posted
- Ensure accuracy of all clinical documentation.
- Participates in comprehensive chart review. Provides feedback
to staff regarding results and recommends ways to improve
documentation to meet agency and government regulations. Provides
effective mentoring, counseling and follow-up for employees having
trouble with documentation.
- Ensures that assessments and documentation performed on a
timely basis and are audited for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Able to use electronic documentation program and serves as
resource for staff regarding laptop use and transfer
- Evaluates department specific processes for accuracy and
updates processes and procedures to meet department and agency
- Provides leadership for assigned staff.
- Facilitates and/or participates in the interviewing, hiring,
orientation, and training of new staff. Utilizes human resource
policies and procedures to provide ongoing feedback to employees;
i.e. annual performance appraisals and performance management when
- Demonstrates professional growth, clinical knowledge and
professional practice through completion of annual competencies,
review of the literature, PMU participation and continuing
education programs. Completes successfully age specific annual
competencies as mandated by agency.
- Serve as a resource for clinical needs and is clinically
competent to address the needs of the patient population
- Identifies department education and training needs and
plans/coordinates competencies and training to meet these
- Promotes a team effort in the delivery of quality care using
specialized knowledge, judgement and skill of nursing science as a
framework. Develops and implements clinical and administrative
systems to promote efficiency within the office.
- Attends all regularly scheduled office manager
meetings/seminars. Meets with Operations Manager as needed.
Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Participates on agency committees and represents the agency on
outside committees on a voluntary basis and/or as assigned. Serves
as a liaison between physicians, referral sources, community
resources, subcontractors, vendors as required for customer service
- Participates in educating public, professionals, patient and
families about hospice while focusing on the needs of the
- Leads or participates in hospice programming.
- Reviews staff assignments and makes adjustments based on
patient volume and acuity. Completes schedule for Toledo office.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Education : Must possess a Bachelor's
degree in Nursing from an accredited school or have verification of
current active enrollment or interest. Skills : Must be able to
understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries. Must
have effective interpersonal skills. Must be able to use
computerized documentation. Years of Experience : Requires a
minimum of three to five (3-5) years' clinical experience. License
: Must be licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of
Ohio and/or Michigan. Requires licensure in both states within 90
days of hire. Certification : BLS Certified PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONS Years of Experience : Critical care, progressive
management, or hospice clinical experience strongly preferred. The
above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it should not
be considered exhaustive. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability,
military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital
status, or genetics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free
Keywords: ProMedica, Toledo , RN Clinical Lead - Patient Care Manager - Hospice - Full Time - Days, Executive , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!