Care Manager - Renal Health
Company: University of Toledo
Posted on: September 24, 2022
University of Toledo Physicians' mission is to improve the human
condition through excellence in patient care and medical discovery.
Representing more than 200 physicians, UT Physicians are leaders in
clinical care, research and education of the future physicians,
providing care in a wide range of medical specialties from the most
complex diagnoses and treatments to primary care for the entire
family. The primary site of inpatient care services is at the
University of Toledo Medical Center, but many of our physicians'
practice at hospitals and medical offices throughout the region.
University of Toledo Physicians offers competitive pay and benefits
including: 403B, Pension, health and tuition waiver at UT. POSITION
SUMMARY Care Managers are responsible for the development and
execution of patient care plans and care coordination activities
for an identified population of patients attributed to ambulatory
care practices. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conducts thorough health, self-management and risk status
assessments with patients.
- Develops and enhances care pathways for an identified
population of patients with renal disease.
- Implements care pathways with identified population of patients
with renal disease.
- Establishes and maintains comprehensive, high-quality,
meaningful care plans, based on the documented patient set goals
- Conducts proactive outreach, schedules calls and provides
appropriate follow-up and documentation according to established
policy and procedure. Meets deadlines.
- Maintains ongoing communication with the specialty care
physicians, primary care physicians, and other providers involved
in the patient's plan of care, updating care plan as
- Maintains a professional, collaborative and productive
relationship with providers and care team.
- Participates in quality improvement projects as needed and
implements quality improvement initiatives.
- Promotes effective collaboration amongst care team members,
including the patient and family. Identifies and builds upon the
assets and strengths of all members of the care team.
- Effectively utilizes all tools available to support care
coordination. Maintains a high level of proficiency with tools
within EMRs and other applications intended to support patient
- The Care Manager works with a team of health care professionals
and will require the flexibility to shift responsibilities as
- Others duties as required. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certified.
- Experience in specialty care practice involving patients with
chronic kidney disease.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to
the job position.
- Experience in quality improvement processes preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with physicians
and members of a health care team.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, organize time, and work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 3 years. PREFERRED
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing program
- BSN or appropriate allied health degree from an accredited
academic program. Skills:
- Transitional care coordination experience preferred.
- Experience with quality improvement processes preferred. Years
of Experience: 5+ years applicable experience. License and/or
- Current unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed
Practical Nurse in Ohio and Michigan.
- BLS certified. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Works in a professional office environment with possible
moderate to high stress levels.
- Work requires occasional travel within and to UTP and UTMC
locations, and UT campuses. Primarily inside in well-lighted,
well-ventilated areas. The above list of duties is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by people
assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed
as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so
classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any
supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees
under his/her supervision. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability,
military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital
status, or genetics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
The signature below indicates that the employee and supervisor
reviewed the position description on the date shown:
Keywords: University of Toledo, Toledo , Care Manager - Renal Health, Executive , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!