VP Regional Market NW OH/SE MI
Company: Directions Credit Union
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Regional Vice President reports directly to the CXO and is
responsible for overseeing all retail Market Directors and Branch
Managers and team in the region along with the Directions Financial
Services (DFS) program and team for the entire Credit Union,
effectively directing sales, service and community outreach efforts
to ensure sustained and profitable growth for the Credit Union.
This position will coach, train and drive sales and service
performance in a manner consistent to the Credit Union's core
values. In collaboration with the senior management team this
position will build the strategic plan for retail sales, service
and business development to achieve the Credit Union's overall
growth objectives.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIESAssumes
responsibility for the growth and service of members in the
designated region and DFS program.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge in the functional area of
responsibility and maintains current and evolving theory and
- Develops and implements the region's and DFS's service and
growth strategies by establishing and accomplishing KPIs and
initiatives that align with and support the overall Credit Union
- Works with Regional Retail Market Directors, Branch Managers
and DFS Manager to ensure sales targets are achieved through people
management, performance reviews, rewards and recognition
- Implements member satisfaction initiatives to improve member
experience in alignment with the strategic and operational
objectives of the company.
- Communicates and implements sales-and-service strategies and
converts strategies into tactical, implemented daily actions.
- Actively participates with the leadership team.
- Maintains a positive and caring atmosphere for members and
employees consistent with Credit Union's mission and
- Continues professional development through training, seminars,
membership in professional associations, as applicable.
- Keeps CXO fully informed of important issues and of
departmental progress toward established goals.
- Ensures that members are promptly and professionally
- Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and
- Responsible for developing key relationships in the designated
region to drive membership and growth by engaging with community
leaders and working with local businesses.
- Serves on key community and business Boards to deepen
relationships and connections in the region.
- Provides information and input as requested in the development
of the strategic plan
- Responsible for ensuring adequate backup (i.e. succession plan)
exists in all areas of responsibility and that team members are
adequately prepared to excel in current positions.Ensures the
effective performance of all assigned Branch offices and DFS
- Develops and manages budgets and business performance and
promotes optimal and cost-effective operations.
- Ensures that Branch and DFS operations are completed in
accordance with established Credit Union procedures and applicable
laws and regulations.
- Performs duties in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, and in accordance with the Bank's Information Security
- Shares operational experiences with the Retail Operations team
in order to provide insight for enhancing policies, and procedures
for efficient and effective Branch and DFS operations.
- Works with the Retail Operations team to establish and
implement short- and long-range strategic organizational goals,
objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and
evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for
- Implements key operational strategies to improve service
quality, overall member experience, financial results, and employee
- Ensures staff stay abreast of and operate in compliance with
all established policies and procedures.
- Ensures that Branch and DFS auditing procedures are effectively
conducted and that deficiencies are corrected.
- Maintains the security and confidentiality of pertinent
information and records
- Manages internal and external inquiries related to audits,
adjustments, processing protocols, teller variances, general ledger
entries and reconciliations etc.
- Ensures that services are sold and delivered in accordance with
established standards and procedures and the integrity and quality
of all Credit Union programs are maintained.
- Establishes initiatives and procedures that enhance the
Branches contribution to the credit union effectiveness, efficiency
and member service.Effectively oversees assigned Market Directors,
Branch Managers, DFS Manager and associated personnel, ensuring
- Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure
and staffing to effectively accomplish goals and objectives;
recruits, employs, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff.
- Provides leadership to Branch and DFS Managers and personnel
through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication.
Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis. -
- Ensures that Branch and DFS Managers and personnel are well
trained, effective, and optimally used.
- Instructs and develops personnel regarding policy, procedure,
and program changes. Ensure that each department personnel
understand their role.
- Responsible for managing, directing, coaching and conducting
performance appraisals for Market Directors, Branch Managers and
- Ensures the development and coaching of Branch and DFS staff is
occurring to maximize their performance in current positions as
well as prepare staff for greater responsibility.
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate and that human
resources are effectively utilized.Assumes responsibility for
establishing and maintaining effective coordination with area
personnel and with management.
- Assists Managers and area personnel as required. Advises
Managers on more complex problems.
- Keeps CXO and Senior management informed of area activities and
of any significant problems or concerns.
- Ensures that Branch and DFS activities are well coordinated
with total Credit Union operations.
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and
- Develops team members to maximize their performance in current
positions as well as to prepare them for greater responsibility in
- Attends meetings as required.
- Monitors progress of departmental initiatives and plans and is
accountable for results.Assumes responsibility for ensuring that
professional business relations are established and maintained with
members, the community, and professional contacts.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's quality reputation is
maintained and projected.
- Ensures that requests and questions are promptly and
- Ensures that members are informed of Credit Union services and
policies.Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or
- Stays informed of developments and trends in Credit Union
policies and related laws and regulations.
- Ensures that safety standards are followed.Directions Credit
Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA
M/F/Vet/DisabilityQualificationsSkillsRequired Flexibility Advanced
Interpersonal Skills Advanced Computer/Technical Literacy Advanced
Analytical Advanced Advanced Communication Skills Advanced
BehaviorsRequiredLeader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates
original thinking Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given
task with all details necessary to get the task done well Team
Player: Works well as a member of a group Enthusiastic: Shows
intense and eager enjoyment and interest
MotivationsPreferredAbility to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform
well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or
the organization Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by
the chance to take on more responsibility Work-Life Balance:
Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and
interests outside of work Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Directions Credit Union, Toledo , VP Regional Market NW OH/SE MI, Executive , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!