Company: Teijin Automotive Technologies
Location: North Baltimore
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Teijin Automotive Technologies is an innovative and full-service
Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in
development for lightweight technologies. Teijin Automotive offers
employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the
composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a
growing company in North America and internationally.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager for North Baltimore, Ohio
Responsible for the overall development and administration of the
plant engineering and tooling department. Through input from the
customer, corporate and plant staff, will allocate resources to
manufacture quality products in an effective and economical manner.
The primary responsibilities will be to establish and review
process controls, emphasize continuous improvement, waste
reduction, review inspection techniques and measurement systems,
establish plant quality and advanced project goals, along with the
individual employee goals. The Engineering/Tooling Manager will
work with technical personnel to obtain capital needs, launch
strategy, project timing, process flows, manage labor and machine
standards. All proposed plans for changes to the process,
equipment, molds, and tooling are to be reviewed by the manager to
ensure reliability and compatibility with existing systems, safety
and CSP standards (safety, molds, tooling, personnel, and
accounting). Work with the engineering staff to obtain capital
needs, develop launch strategy, project timing and requirements for
carryover and new projects. Responsible for tooling duties, to
include design, implementation and improvement, to include
maintenance and repair of all tooling. Duties will also include the
inventory control of all tooling. This position will also be
responsible for design, implementation and control of all plant
poke-yoke systems. Role reports to the Plant Manager.
This person must also be highly self-motivated, have an intense
customer focus and be able to satisfy both internal and external
customer requirements. Outstanding presentation and project
management skills are required.Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures final output of machine designs are functional,
cost-effective and meet customer requirements.
- Track program open items list.
- Supports the statistical process control (SPC) program.
- Authorizes Engineering Change Notices (ECN's), process alerts,
expense accounts, purchase orders, equipment spare parts inventory,
and personnel training requests.
- Implement approved department budget and monitor expenses to
ensure they fall within budgets, analyze out of budget expenses and
ensure they are offset in other areas of the project unless fully
- Submit and justify all working capital requirements
- Understand the business environment, and work closely with
other departments to efficiently drive team progress, and to ensure
that projects align with strategic and tactical objectives.
- Determine staffing needs and employee development
- Coordinate cross functionally to develop project launch
strategy, capital needs, program timing in support of all APQP,
PPAP, MSA and 16949/ISO14001 requirements.
- Communicate department goals and objectives, evaluate staff
performance, coach and develop staff.
- Manage safety as an equal to other key functions, conduct
- Monitor departmental action items to ensure timely and
effective correction of issues.
- Support plant safety rules, UAW contract and CSP procedures and
- Develops short and long term strategy to support customer
- Support and maintain quality, environmental and 5-S
- Lead by example.
- Manage and coordinate engineering staff placing particular
emphasis on project management with the objective of supporting all
manufacturing efforts and development, validation and improvement
of customer products through the implementation of cost -effective
manufacturing techniques, methods and procedures to enhance
processes to reduce costs, and improve quality of products.
- Provides technical expertise on strategic initiatives and
presents key industry trends to senior management to include
creating and deploying new and unique approaches in automation
- Analyze data and to present this data in a clear, concise, and
logical manner to effectively facilitate decision-making.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities that will both motivate and
develop direct reports at all levels.
- Utilize a mentoring approach that will foster a team spirit
within the areas of responsibility for collective success.
- Must exemplify a positive, respectful and "can do" attitude not
only for one's self but for how it will affect other
- Serve as corrective action champion or team member.Required
Competencies, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience including three in a
management role within an automotive or related manufacturing
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and
Project, 3D CAD.
- Must be able to perform each essential function and
responsibility of the job satisfactorily in accordance with company
productivity and quality requirements.
- A working understanding of reading blue prints, schematics,
- Must have experience developing new model implementation
- Knowledge of compression mold machines, die cast machines,
robots, and general assembly equipment.
- Must have excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and
leadership skills to manage a team of engineers and technical
- Must have proven multitasking skills and can work under extreme
- Must have excellent analytical and computational skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal
- Knowledge of plastics, tooling and material.
- Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Employee must adhere to company safety policies, including
wearing required PPE.
- Occasional exposure to difficult working conditions (heat,
cold, dust, fumes, etc.).
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 40 lbs. overhead.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods on concrete floor.
- May require occasional travel, work on an off-shift and/or
Keywords: Teijin Automotive Technologies, Toledo , Engineering Manager, Executive , North Baltimore, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!