Patient Access Manager
Company: Neighborhood Health Association
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Job descriptionThe Patient Access Manager
is responsible for providing leadership for teams and processes
related to patient access, scheduling, registration, phone
communications, emails, automated systems, call center, related
revenue cycle functions, and other assigned processes across the
care continuum to ensure a high-value service is provided to our
patients and stakeholders. This leader engages physicians, allied
health providers, scheduling and support staff, and other
professionals/employees with the mission, vision and values of
Neighborhood Health Association, through their service to the
organization in their assigned areas of responsibility.The Patient
Access Manager will assist in establishing call center/centralized
scheduling objectives, provide representatives with opportunities
to expand their knowledge of services, products, and
troubleshooting techniques, analyze call center data, and focus on
improving performance and processes to better support patients. As
a leader, have accountability for performance related to employee
engagement, customer satisfaction, quality metrics, growth of
services, and financial performance indicators.Essential Job
Responsibilities:Provide Leadership – Engages team members and
stakeholders with the Mission, Vision, and Values of NHA.
- Leads by demonstrating our corporate culture of performance
expectations in daily interactions and by refocusing efforts
towards the realization of NHA's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Management of Scheduling, Registration, and Verification
Processes through the delivery of high-value patient scheduling,
registration, insurance verifications, and communication processes
for day-to-day operations for assigned areas of
- Assures appropriate staffing levels and adequate supplies and
equipment for all areas of responsibility across Patient Access
Department. Works with NHA leadership to develop and encourage
innovation of processes and growth of programs.
- Achieves success by meeting performance indicators, standards,
and performance targets.
- Fiscal Responsibility – monitors, manages, and makes
recommendations on key performance indicators.
- Monitors monthly financial reports related to fixed and
variable costs within assigned areas of responsibility and provides
input into the annual budget.
- Communicates regularly with Revenue Cycle Department to address
denials, billing and collections issues and provides input into
- Monitors staff productivity and adjusts staffing levels to
- Oversees timekeeping functions for direct reports, approve time
off and plans for coverage as needed.Utilization of EHR and
Technology – Understands and can effectively work with electronic
medical record system(s).
- Works directly with NHA IT department, EHR support, clinical
and front office staff to improve communications and documentation
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office and software
related to internal resource management.Staff Selection,
Development, Mentoring, and Performance Management-
- Leads selection, training and performance of staff related to
assigned areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for assuring all staff maintain proper training
related to pertinent skills, competencies, standards of behavior,
- Conducts systematic performance review of all staff.
- Communicates and facilitates rapport with staff that secures a
highly engaged team who consistently achieves patient satisfaction
- Maintains an active presence.
- Identifies process and systematic barriers to the delivery of
superior patient experience.
- Participates with monthly NHA leadership and department
operations meetings, reporting relevant information back to
- Conducts weekly/monthly staff meetings.
- Assures and promotes the professional growth and development of
- Demonstrates and promotes a work environment that adheres to
NHA's performance standards and Values.
- Promotes interdepartmental partnerships, collaborating with
other departments and institutions to facilitate optimal patient
care at NHA.Quality Improvement – Responsible for collection and
analysis of data for quality improvement activities focused on
patient experience and resource utilization.
- Promotes an environment that stimulates continuous quality
improvement initiatives, allowing staff members to contribute to
the operational and strategic planning of the Patient Access
- Reviews annual patient satisfaction scores and patient comments
and reports results to staff. Initiates follow-up/service recovery
as needed based on patient comments.
- Responsible for facilitating action plans for staff to improve
patient satisfaction scores.
- Analytical – Experience with data analysis, design, workflow,
procedures and problem solving.Essential Job Qualifications
(Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements)
- Degreed with 3-5 years progressive customer service experience,
prior management or supervisory experience.
- Experienced in financial management of resources (fixed and
variable costs) to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience with communications technology and software
implementation and training.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and management proficiency to
effectively build department culture.
- Ability to multitask and remain professional under pressure,
especially during peak hours or intense situations.
- Competence with Microsoft Office, and a demonstrated ability to
learn and be proficient in new computer software including
Electronic Health Record practice management and clinical
- Analyze department results and implement action plans toward
- Troubleshoot operational problems.
- Serves as point for situations requiring advance expertise or
discernment to resolve complex patient access issues and ensure
timely follow up and customer satisfaction.
- Identify and analyze escalated problems and provide guidance to
direct reports for resolution.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in successful customer service improvement and
service recovery efforts.
- Able to respond to highly variable workload volumes
- Presents professionally
- This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package,
including health, dental, vision, life & retirement plans, 11 paid
holidays and four weeks of accrued paid time off (PTO)
annually.Candidates must provide salary requirements to be
considered for interview.We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal
Opportunity Employer.Our Mission: Through our exceptional health
care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to
eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal
responsibility for one's own health regardless of the ability to
Keywords: Neighborhood Health Association, Toledo , Patient Access Manager, Executive , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!