Director of Mission Integration & Spiritual Care
Company: CHI Living Communities
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Director of Mission Integration & Spiritual Care provides
leadership in assuring the integration of Mission into everyday
operations and interactions. The Director plays a key role in
shaping the culture that is grounded in the Core Values of
Compassion, Inclusion, Integrity, Excellence and Collaboration, and
is expressed in workplace spirituality reflective of the heritage
and Catholic identity on which the organization is founded.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provides Mission Integration leadership in the senior living
- Serves as the subject matter expert in Mission, Values,
Catholic identity and heritage within the local facility.
- Understands, promotes, and interprets the Mission and Values
and ensures their application to policies and practices.
- Fosters a culture based on the Mission, Values, Catholic
identity, and heritage which encourages pride and ownership in the
Mission. Helps provide meaning and purpose to the work of each
- Cultivates spirituality in the workplace. Leads prayer and
theological reflections with managers and employees.
- Maintains responsibility for the formation of managers and
employees, including understanding and support of Mission, Values,
Catholic identity and heritage. This includes initial orientation
and ongoing programs.
- Ensures compliance with the Ethical and Religious Directives
for Catholic Healthcare Services. Serves as chair of the facility
Ethics Committee. Ensures ethics consults are available to
residents and family.
- Provides spiritual care for the residents. Ensures that
excellent spiritual care is integrated within the continuum of
care, particularly at the end of life.
- Participates in care conferences. Ensure timely spiritual
assessment for residents.
- Ensure appropriate religious services are provided for all
residents; oversees care of the chapel.
- Engages with area clergy, faith communities and the general
community as needed.
- Coordinate volunteers in the spiritual care area.
- Collects data for the annual Community Benefit report. Promotes
advocacy on behalf of poor and disadvantaged persons.
- Satisfies all educational in-service requirements mandated by
CHI Living Communities, the department, external accrediting, and
- Attends all mandatory in-service programs.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures.
- Completes yearly online education program by deadline.
- Attends employee meetings on a regular basis. Job Requirements:
Education: Master's Degree, preferably in theology, pastoral
ministry or a related field, with a working knowledge of
operations; working knowledge of health care ethics and the Ethical
and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs);
a demonstrated familiarity with a diversity of spiritualties; the
knowledge and ability to work effectively within the framework of
the Catholic Church; and alignment with the spirit of CommonSpirit
Health. Strong preference is for an active Catholic; exceptions
include only candidates supportive of the Catholic heritage and
practices with experience in Catholic health care. Experience:
Experience working with the elderly required; preferred in a health
care setting. At least two years of demonstrated success in
management positions, preferably in health care. At least two units
of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or equivalent
education/training in pastoral care with intention to become a
Board Certified Chaplain. In addition to the essential job specific
duties listed above, the Director of Mission Integration &
Spiritual Care shall be required to perform all duties (essential
and non-essential) in a manner consistent with the Mission
Statement and Values (compassion, inclusion, integrity, excellence
and collaboration) of CHI Living Communities and will be evaluated
on such basis. Furthermore, every employee must abide by all
campus, departmental, and safety policies, rules, and regulations.
CHI Living Communities has the right to change the job specific
duties and specifications required for the position of Director of
Mission Integration & Spiritual Care from time to time without
prior notice. Benefits: We recognize our employees' contributions
to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance
and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan,
and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and
full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource
Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home
is here for our residents and our employees. Professional and
Personal Growth Opportunities CHI Living Communities supports
employees' professional and personal growth with opportunities on
and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
Work/Life Balance CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees
need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement Health Protection for You
and Your Family CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive
health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health
and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight
loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to
employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the
one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities -
Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added
- Vision Option Plan - Learn about a special hearing aid discount
program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day - Read more
about the Motion - Program here Plans for You and Your Family's
Future We value our employees' futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance
valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the
1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program
through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for
employees and their immediate families, if ever in need
Keywords: CHI Living Communities, Toledo , Director of Mission Integration & Spiritual Care, Executive , Perrysburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!