Production Supervisor / Manager Trainee - Napoleon, OH - (12373)
Company: Silgan Containers LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Choose your path. Silgan believes in promoting from within -
Opportunity starts here. Our Vision and Values of leadership,
quality, integrity, and collaboration provides the foundation of
Silgan Containers. This foundation is why we are the leader in
metal food packaging, and why we are an essential part of America's
food chain. Silgan Containers the largest manufacturer of metal
food containers in the U.S. is -seeking highly talented leaders -to
join our Manager Trainee Program. - As a Production
Supervisor/Manager Trainee the successful candidate -will learn and
understand -the five Key Plant Control Factors of Safety, Quality,
Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Relations, and Operational
Excellence. Launch or enhance your career in production management,
apply today. Position Summary: The Silgan Containers Management
Trainee position and the Silgan Containers Production Management
Development Program (PMDP) will train highly motivated & qualified
individuals to assume Plant Supervisor or higher management
positions within the organization. The position requires solid
technical & mechanical aptitudes. - The position will also require
strong communication and leadership skills. - The Silgan Containers
PMDP is designed for Management Trainees who are self-motivated
individuals that work well with little to no supervision. - The
position is designed to assimilate both entry-level through
mid-level Management Trainees into the Silgan Manufacturing
environment over time. While the position will not have any
immediate subordinates, this candidate will be required to learn,
understand, and positively impact 5 Key Plant Control Factors;
Safety, Quality, Standard Operating Requirements, Employee
Relations and Operational Excellence Tools. This candidate may be
required to relocate. Essential Job Functions: Safety
- Learn and train personnel. -
- Learn and apply written safety procedures. -
- Observe work areas for safety improvements. -
- Review and learn investigative processes. Quality
- Learn and apply SPC principles & Basic Quality Tools (diagrams,
flow/run/control charts, analysis, etc.) Standard Operating
- Learn and train procedures
- Learn and maximize production throughput.
- Learn and manage equipment.
- Learn factory organization.
- Enforce SOP's.
- Learn & review standard reporting. Employee Relations
- Develop & mentor employees.
- Direct & assign work.
- Administer Labor contract in union plants. Operational
- Learn and administer established standards.
- Personal inspection of work force, material usage &
- Analyze reports. Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Job Requirements - Education, Skills, and Experience:
- College Degree (or relevant work/training experience)
- Level (2) to mid-level (5 plus) years' experience - - - - -
- Leadership skills
- Great communication including both written and oral
- Technical and performance management skills
- Statistical and computer knowledge
- Problem solving and visual mechanic skills (blue prints and
- Candidates with a strong mechanical, and manufacturing
- Candidates with supervisor/managerial experience preferred
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER The above job description is meant to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it
is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. All
job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to
the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by
their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will"
basis. Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the
presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance
of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation
of any other protective status. Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Silgan Containers LLC, Toledo , Production Supervisor / Manager Trainee - Napoleon, OH - (12373), Executive , Napoleon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!