Assistant Human Resources Manager
Company: Teijin Automotive Technologies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Teijin Automotive Technologies is an innovative and full-service
Tier One supplier with a global presence and emphasis in
development for lightweight technologies. Teijin Automotive offers
employees the opportunity to join a leading edge company within the
composite material industry and enjoy the benefits offered by a
growing company in North America and internationally.
We are seeking an Assistant Manager of Human Resources for our
Carey, Ohio Plant.
Responsible for the management of the Human Resource Function and
Labor Relations environment at the Carey facility in conjunction
with the Human Resources Manager. This position reports directly to
the Human Resources Manager.
The primary responsibilities are managing the weekly
staffing/manpower requirements, assisting with day to day employee
relations issues, working in conjunction with the HR Manager and
UAW to promote and maintain a positive working relationship within
the facility, administering the labor contract, investigating and
solving problems, coaching salaried staff, and working with
corporate staff on system, payroll and benefit issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Overseeing recruiting/staffing and onboarding of hourly and
- Maintain salary and hourly employment records.
- Coach supervisory team in labor relations maintenance, guidance
and coordination of performance evaluation administration,
corrective actions, attendance and policy violation discipline
issuance and tracking.
- Support functional team members with goals, objectives,
developmental requirements and annual reviews.
- Administer labor contract and ensure compliance by other
- Respond to grievances at the 3rd step and advise departments at
1st and 2nd step.
- Investigate employee relations issues and concerns.
- Support and comply with Quality, Environmental and 5-S
- Support EHS team with compliance and employee relations through
claims process when needed
- Assist in the development and maintenance of plant rules,
procedures and policies.
- Verify and issue appropriate disciplinary action issuance for
infraction of rules.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, including ADA,
EEOC, and FMLA.
- Coordinate the administration of plant security.
- Assist with professional development & team skills
- Knowledge and understanding of benefit plans, payroll
processes, and employee self-service and assist employees as
- Oversee hourly vacation scheduling and processing of hourly
- Oversee payroll process.
- Coordination of weekend overtime schedule and weekly manpower
- Generate weekly shift roster.
- EAP referrals.
- Manage the Company/Plant Employee Fund.
- Process employment verifications.
- Administer the hiring process of salaried employees.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reports to the corporate
office, finance, and leadership teams as required.Deliverables:
- Department goals and objectives
- Salary plan
- Performance reviews
- Monthly KOPs
- Timely completion of projects and duties as required
- Control of hourly/salary documents
- Month-End reports
A Bachelor degree or equivalent with five or more years of related
- Labor Relations experience at plant location with grievance
Keywords: Teijin Automotive Technologies, Toledo , Assistant Human Resources Manager, Executive , Findlay, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!