Sr Mechanical Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: April 15, 2019
Summary: This position is responsible to research, design and
test mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and
direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication,
operation, application, installation and repair of products and
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited
to the following:
- Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals,
specifications and manuals, to determine feasibility of
- Perform tolerance stack ups, loading calculations and hydraulic
oil displacement analysis.
- Perform stress/strain calculations, shear, torsional and
- Design products or systems such as instruments, controls,
engines, machines and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic or heat
- Plan and lead engineering personnel in fabrication of test
control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and
procedures for testing products or systems.
- Direct fabrication and installation activities to ensure
products and systems conform to engineering design, safety
requirements and customer specifications.
- Coordinate operation, maintenance and repair activities to
obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Design products and systems to interface with machines;
hardware and software.
- Evaluate field installations and recommends design
modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Interface with other departments including manufacturing,
sales, sourcing, product support, and accounting.
- Create and edit operation and service manuals for
- Responsible for BOM in INFOR system.
- Coordinate prototype activities.
- Provide work direction to interns
- Lead projects and provide direction to interns, designers and
other engineers to accomplish project goals
- 5-10% travel required Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or other
- At least 5 years’ experience working as an Engineer
- Ability to travel is required when needed to test and
troubleshoot units in the field
- Advanced understanding of engineering principles of design;
ability to be forward-thinking with design concepts
- Familiarity of stress and load analysis
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team of engineers
- Prior experience with and ability to perform Finite Element
- Ability to understand and perform structural computations
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Design Software- SolidWorks
and/or CATIA, Finite Element Analysis, Outlook, Internet,
Manufacturing, Spreadsheet and Word processing software.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, general
business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures
or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability,
and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Toledo , Sr Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!