Entry Level Structural Engineer
Company: Arcadis U.S. Inc
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Arcadis is currently searching for an Entry Level Structural Engineer, to join our world-class firm in Toledo, OH.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best qualified consulting firms in the country. The Engineer will utilize his/her technical knowledge of structural design & construction engineering, to successfully execute projects within the Municipal & Industrial Water / Wastewater and Water Resources infrastructure design & construction engineering consulting markets to help build and grow our practice.
This is an excellent opportunity with great potential for growth! The ideal candidate will possess initiative and ability to take on challenges regularly and balance multiple assignments and activities to meet project deadlines. This position requires the successful candidate to be performance-driven, team-oriented and client-focused with strong written/verbal communication skills and an impressive work ethic.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Work on industrial and water treatment design engineering and construction projects; responsible for the production of design calculations, technical reports, detailed design and engineering plans and specifications.
* Organize and conduct structural related engineering investigations and planning work which has a well-defined scope.
* Research feasibility of alternative design approaches.
* Works effectively in team situations and establish strong relationships with other teams where collaboration on client project work is needed.
* Develop plans, specifications, and other contract documents.
* Work directly with a variety of engineering disciplines, office/project staff, client, and sub-contractors, throughout the project life cycle, and therefore should have clear and concise, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, and prepare written reports.
* Manage time and ensure timely delivery of engineering and construction drawings, and specifications for projects.
* Other duties as assigned.
* BS in civil or structural engineering
* Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, or Microstation
* EIT or ability to obtain upon hire
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineNow more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
Keywords: Arcadis U.S. Inc, Toledo , Entry Level Structural Engineer, Engineering , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!