Engineer - Sidewall Lettering
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Requisition ID: 118913
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Goodyear. More Driven.
About the Position
Global Mold Engineering is responsible for the design and technical
support of all tire molds and related equipment for all regions in
which Goodyear operates. The department also develops and maintains
applications, tools and standards used in the design process. The
Associate Engineer, Sidewall Lettering will be responsible for
designing a wide range of tire mold types and related equipment and
for providing technical support for businesses including OTR,
aircraft, race, retread, passenger/lt. truck and medium truck.
This is a hybrid role, onsite 3 days/week in Findlay, Ohio.
- Create solid models/drawings detailing sidewall designs and
tooling to be used in the manufacture of tire molds.
- Utilize programming and automation via CAD/MATLAB/python to
- Provide technical support to tire designers, mold
manufacturers, and tire plants.
- Develop new master models, modeling technologies and
- Participate on teams to bring new tire products to market,
improve processes and resolve issues.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM field.
- 1+ years of experience (Co-Op/Internships included)
- Experience CAD/MATLAB/Python, preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of mechanical design and drafting
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and
models in 2D and 3D.
- Must be able to follow design criteria and detailed engineering
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Toledo , Engineer - Sidewall Lettering, Engineering , Findlay, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!