Company: Nexus Engineering Group, LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Description: The Contracts Engineer will play a key role in
the management and delivery of contractor services. The role will
support a large manufacturing program for a confidential client.
Initially the role will be based in Ohio and requires flexibility
to work in a mixture of locations including the Nexus Home Office
and various client sites.
- Review contractor cost estimates.
- Leverage benchmark cost data to validate contractor
- Inform and lead value engineering discussions and provide
reasoned advice on all potential cost saving opportunities.
- Prepare detailed bid analysis and lead post bid clarification
meetings to align bids prior to contract award.
- Review and provide comments on contractual documentation.
- Review contractor and subcontractor pricing.
- Lead negotiations on the client's behalf.
- Validate/assess contractor/subcontractor payment applications
- Assess post contract changes.
- Ensure that post-contract change is managed and aligned to the
change management process.
- Provide early warnings to the client on areas of cost
- Prepare/peer review construction financial reports at a project
and portfolio level.
- Lead final account process and ensure completion and agreement
in a timely manner. Competencies/Qualifications:
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in a contract
- Experience working on large scale construction projects.
- Pre and post contract experience is necessary.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Great organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- College and/or post-graduate degree in contract management,
construction management, quantity surveying, engineering or field
related to construction. Key Challenges & Complexities of Role:
- Requires Travel: Approximately 75%
- Large complex project program
- Projects are of a schedule driven nature Key Relationships:
- Internal: Project Services Director, Project Schedulers,
Estimating Team and Cost Engineering Team
- External: Client Project and Engineering Management Team
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional
evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Other Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work to be performed. This job description is not to
be construed as an all-inclusive list of all activities, duties,
and/or responsibilities that are required of the employee. All
duties, responsibilities, or activities may be changed, as well as
additional duties assigned, at any time with or without notice.
Additionally, it is understood that this position description is
not an employment contract for any particular period of time. Both
the employee's relationship with Nexus Engineering Group and Nexus
Engineering Group's relationship with the employee is completely
voluntary. It is understood that Nexus Engineering Group has not
and will not make promises to you regarding length and/or continued
status of employment with the company.
Keywords: Nexus Engineering Group, LLC, Toledo , Contract Engineer, Engineering , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!