Company: ADVOCATES FOR BASIC EQUALITY
Posted on: April 16, 2019
Financial Assistant - Job AnnouncementAdvocates for Basic Legal
Equality, Inc. (ABLE), a non-profit law firm that provides free,
high quality legal assistance to people with low incomes in western
Ohio, seeks a Financial Assistant to provide accounts payable and
other financial activities for ABLE and its partner Legal Aid of
Western Ohio, Inc. (LAWO). The position will report to the Director
of Finance and will be located in ABLE's Toledo office.
The Financial Assistant will:
Process all accounts payable invoices received for ABLE and LAWO.
Perform calculations and code all ABLE and LAWO invoices, check
requisitions, travel and training payments/reimbursements, petty
cash reimbursement, fund transfers, and client trust account
documents. Process all ABLE and LAWO employee related payments
(i.e. pensions checks, garnishments, employee parking, donations,
and other related reimbursements.) Reconcile monthly credit card
statement for ABLE and LAWO corporate accounts. Other duties as
requested by the Director of Finance.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Minimum two (2) years of experience processing accounts payable
* Strong attention to detail required.
* Experience in data entry in computerized accounting system.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
* Honest, dependable, competent, trustworthy, and have a commitment
to legal services and the mission of ABLE and LAWO.
* Demonstrate and maintain high standards of interpersonal
communication, especially relating to effective telephone
communication and effective written and oral communication.
* Must be able to exercise sound judgment and initiative and adhere
to the confidential nature of the firm and it practice.
* Able to work independently on assigned projects.
* Must fully understand the sensitive and confidential aspects of
internal and external communication issues.
* Possess excellent organizational skills and have the capacity to
meet deadlines in a multi-function office environment.
Competitive salary based on relevant experience; and comprehensive
fringe benefits. The deadline to apply is close of business on
April 26, 2019. Send a cover letter and resume electronically, in
PDF or Word format, to:
Subject: Financial Assistant
ABLE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and places a high value on
diversity in our workplace, including diversity in race, ethnicity,
gender, sexual orientation, age, and physical ability. Applicants
requiring accommodation for the interview/application process
should contact the Recruitment Coordinator at the e-mail address
Applications will only be accepted by email. Position will remain
open until filled.
Keywords: ADVOCATES FOR BASIC EQUALITY, Toledo , Financial Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!