Tax Senior Manager - Toledo
Company: GBQ Partners LLC
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Tax Senior Manager Toledo - Careers At GBQ Holdings LLC Career
Opportunities with GBQ Holdings LLC A great place to work. Careers
At GBQ Holdings LLC Current job opportunities are posted here as
they become available. Back To Openings Tax Senior Manager - Toledo
Department: Tax - TOL Location: Sylvania, OH
START YOUR APPLICATION The Tax Senior Manager is responsible for
all aspects of profitability and successful delivery of tax
compliance engagements. Effectively leads and supports the growth
of other associates. Attracts new business to the Firm. Focuses on
four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability,
Practice Growth, Client Focus, and Brand
Culture/Development.Actively leads all aspects of the tax planning,
preparation, and review process for all tax engagements with a
concentration on partnership and other pass-through tax
engagements. Also leads the engagement team, oversees all
miscellaneous tax projects, and conducts complex tax research to
support the client's tax compliance and reporting. Manages client
relationships including responsibility for day-to-day client
contact. Performs final review of all tax workpapers and returns
and ensures that all review comments are cleared prior to filing.
Creates plans and budgets for tax engagements and ensures
completion of engagements within a defined timeline. Works closely
with member group to identify new work and obtain new
- Oversee the majority of high priority, complex, large, and
high-risk client engagements.
- Oversee all aspects of tax engagements including tax planning,
preparation, and review of primarily partnership tax returns, with
oversight of other tax returns as appropriate.
- Develop overall approaches and plans for assigned client
engagements and delegate tasks to maximize engagement efficiency
and promote the development of associates.
- Primarily prepare complex partnership and other pass-through
tax returns and perform necessary tax planning and research.
- Identify complex tax issues and provide tax planning and
expertise to a diverse middle-market client base.
- Supervise and review all work of managers, seniors, staff, and
interns on assigned client engagements.
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring training and supporting
the development of managers, seniors, staff and interns.
- Communicate status of work, problems, and findings to both
internal GBQ management and clients.
- Collaborate with firm leaders, other departments and client
leadership to identify issues and develop and implement solutions
to address issues identified.
- Review engagement profitability and prepare and analyze monthly
billing for assigned engagements.
- Develop and deliver executive presentations, summaries of
financial information and lead client and internal meetings.
- Oversee significant department initiatives including assignment
of work, implementation of cost savings initiatives and realization
of project efficiencies.Profitability:
- Monitor the hours incurred by engagement team members and the
progress of assigned client engagements to ensure work is completed
within both a defined budget and a defined timeline.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations
established by Firm.
- Monitor staff charge budgets to ensure staff and seniors
achieve charge hour budgets and hour expectations established by
- Prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
- Lead "approved" non-client initiatives to improve firm
- Identify and implement new procedures, processes and policies
to improve project and department efficiency and staff satisfaction
- Adhere to and ensure department compliance with all firm and
department software guidelines and procedures.Practice Growth:
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending
fundraisers, meetings with prospects/bankers, charitable events,
professional organizations, etc.
- Develop, cultivate, and maintain relationships with referral
sources and clients.
- Identify new sales opportunities and develop proposals and
other activities for securing new engagements with existing clients
as well as new clients.
- Assume responsibility for client engagements and demonstrate
strong leadership skills while working on client work and
- Develop industry or technical skill specialization and
expertise on specific topics within the department.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication
- Use developed skills in the tax consulting process to
effectively diagnose, develop and implement solutions for client
- Analyze transactions, formulate tax-planning strategies and
perform tax reviews to satisfy the client's business and tax
- Effectively manage competing priorities and projects while
exceeding client expectations.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify client risks and issues and
communicate recommendations to clients and Firm associates.
- Identify operational and financial performance improvement
opportunities for clients served.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and working knowledge of
accounting and tax software.
- Apply excellent judgment on client engagement and add value
through a deep understanding of the client's business/industry,
technical knowledge and internal/external resources available.
- Identify complex issues and conduct extensive technical
research to identify solutions and make recommendations to firm and
client leadership to address complex problems.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the team, other firm
associates, and client leaders to ensure efficient flow of data,
information and financial issues, risks and recommendations.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA,
OSCPA, and Accountancy Board of Ohio.Brand Culture/Development:
- Exemplify the Brand Attributes of the Firm and promote a
positive work environment for team members.
- Publicly support and ensure adherence to all administrative
policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or in a team
environment and exhibit confidence addressing and resolving
conflict with peers, subordinates and firm leaders.
- Ensure that all supervisors prepare and deliver objective and
candid performance evaluations to direct reports and identify
coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in the development
of the associate.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and
enhance and develop individual professional and technical
- Develop an atmosphere of cooperation and motivation.Work
Experience and Education:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA.
- Significant experience in partnership tax compliance and
- Experience with partnership structuring, entity formation, and
mergers and acquisitions is preferred.
- Advanced understanding related to the tax aspects of
partnership agreements, contributions of appreciated property
related to 704(c), 704(b) capital accounts, special allocations,
and overall experience in dealing with Subchapter K - Partnership
- Understanding of pass-through entity taxation at various state
and local levels.
- Experience and understanding of individual income taxation as a
result of partnership pass-through income.
- Background in Real Estate taxation a plus.
- Strong proficiency in partnership federal, state and local tax
- Strong proficiency with tax research software packages and
strong working knowledge of federal tax code and regulations.
- Approximately 8 years of public accounting experience in
- Individual will report directly to a Performance Manager who
will provide any necessary guidance relative to administrative
issues or work performance through the formal evaluation
- Responsible for the co-management and supervision of the Tax
Department staff numbering more than 35 people.Special
- Reliable transportation for occasional on-site client
- Ability to work evenings and weekends based on time of year and
client demands. START YOUR APPLICATION
Visit Our Home Page - 2023 GBQ Holdings LLCApplicant Tracking
System Powered by -
Keywords: GBQ Partners LLC, Toledo , Tax Senior Manager - Toledo, Accounting, Auditing , Toledo, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!