Senior Operations Manager
Company: Penske Logistics
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Senior Operations Manager (Supply Chain/Logistics)(Job Number:
Provide tactical direction and leadership to staff to ensure
customer requirements are met while meeting our Penske goals and
objectives. Maintain a professional approach while supporting the
solution enabling achievement of all contractual obligations.
Create and foster a relationship with the customer's logistics
manager to facilitate operational stability.
This position may be specific to one customer or group of customer
with similar needs.
Proven recent leadership skills in transportation/logistics (5+
years of experience). Ideal candidate will oversee multiple
warehouse locations surrounding the OH area, must have previous
experience leading a large team. High level understanding on DOT
compliance and regulations.
Work Location: Clyde, Ohio
- Ensure that all supervisors understand how their work relates
to the customers' business objectives, Interview and hire all
associates up to supervisor level. Conduct exit interviews as
needed, Build engagement by expressing pride in the group where the
goals are met and recognize and reward associates for their
achievements, Develop direct reports through training and
- Interact daily with our local customer to ensure we understand
existing and emerging customer needs, Utilize team to identify
operational improvements in areas such as route optimization,
carrier selection, backhauls, trailer loading, inventory accuracy
and warehouse operations, Collaborate with other Penske sites to
share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan, Manage
the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan
targets, Identifies issues with the operating metrics and P&L
and responds accordingly, Ensure customer billings and associate
payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and
intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other
activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
- Monitor and improve accident frequency, Ensure each associate
understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as
the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and
maintain a safe work place, Proactively identify and correct unsafe
conditions, work processes, and behaviors, Ensure compliance with
all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the
customer, Identify and seize profitable business opportunities,
Utilize available metrics to monitor and maximize customer
efficiencies and achieve cost savings.
- Monitor and improve fleet/equipment utilization and fuel
efficiency, Contribute to equipment specification at time of
start-up and renewal, Build a strong working relationship with
local PTL district and other equipment vendors.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 5+years related logistics and supply chain experience
- At least 3 years managerial or supervisory experience
- High School degree or equivalent preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Word,
Excel, Access, and Powerpoint required
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills are
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske Logistics, Toledo , Senior Operations Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Tiffin, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!